If you need a rest after a day spent on Alta via or other trek, better avoid this refuge. There are plenty within 30' walk (5torri or rifugio averau). Several reasons:
1. There is no sound isolation: you hear everyone from corridor and from balcony open for everyone. If laying on the bunk bed, you see the shoes of the person standing on the balcony 20 cm from your head.
2. No privacy at all even if you book a double room and pay 55 euros per person for half pension. You are constantly forced to see (half)naked prople on the balcony and in the corridor waiting for the shower and talking loudly. You find the neighbours dirty socks next to your balcony door because rooms are do tiny (app. 2x3 m a double room).
3. Outdated interiour, lack of toilets and showers, queues everywhere, the huge wardrobe filled with owners staff in your tiny room, no hooks in the room etc.
4. Music from the bar downstairs. The worst. You hear it all day, even on your way to Nuvolau and back.
5. Clearness. On arrival, we found dirty plates next to our door.
However, there are some pros: hot showers for free, Internet and delicious food.
But again, it is not a place where you have a good sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Rifugio Scoiattoli Italy/Veneto