Cortina is where rich Italians (and others) go to be seen during the ski season and as a result hotels are pricey. Hotel Olimpia is therefore relatively cheap, especially given its central location. I've been visiting Cortina for many years (summer and winter) but I had not stayed here before.
We found the staff very helpful (all spoke excellent English) and they allowed us to get our room earlier than the stated booking in time. We found our room a little cramped, run down and a little dirty. The bed was so close to the walls that there were loads of scuffs and missing wall paper where people had been edging along to get in and out of bed. The en suite was slightly worse, with dirty cracked tiles and an all-pervasive musty smell of stale urine. Sky TV is in all rooms (although why you'd want to watch TV when in Cortina is beyond me).
The hotel does have some of its own parking but this must be booked in advance. There is a car park outside the hotel but this costs E1 per hour, from 0900-2000); park at the bus station or even better, the Faloria cable car station at the top of town, a 2 minute walk away and 'only' E1 an hour. The buffet breakfast has a wide variation of foods on offer and hot food can be ordered at additional cost.
Great staff and a central location but given the state of our room we would try somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hearth of town the HOTEL OLIMPIA is very convenient to all ski facilities and it is within walking distance to a wide variety of shops and restaurants. The Lorenzi family will be happy to have you in this traditional and comfortable milieu and proposes with discretion to all those who appreciate the value of good taste and hospitality.L´Olimpia rappresenta un punto di riferimento per chi cerca la qualità e il servizio ad un prezzo competitivo.Cortina e un classico albergo di montagna, è gestito dalla Famiglia Lorenzi dal 1996. In continuo rinnovamento, situato in pieno centro nel comune di Cortina in zona a traffico limitato, vicino agli impianti di risalita del Faloria e comodamente servito dai mezzi pubblici, ha come obiettivi primari l’accoglienza e la cortesia intrecciate con grande simpatia e calore.Effettuiamo spesso offerte speciali come settimane bianche e verdi e cerchiamo di organizzare al meglio le vostre vacanze a Cortina nelle nostre accoglienti camere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Olimpia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olimpia Hotel Cortina d Ampezzo
- Hotel Olimpia Italy/Veneto