“Superb!”

Villa Horti della Fasanara
Ranked #17 of 92 Ferrara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I'm a regular visitor in Italy and have stayed in some wonderful hotels which I have paid for the service, location and room. This villa ticks all the boxes and is cheap! The villa is family run and extra care and attention is given to ensure your stay is lovely. Breakfast is nice too. The rooms are immaculate and comfortable.
It was strange, however, having glass panels around the en suite bathroom....it leaves you open to the elements of gazing eyes.
I would recommend this villa to anyone, a wonderful stay and if you like dogs the owner has a cute dog which you see during breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Horti della Fasanara

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The house was lovely, and the grounds were delightful to explore. I liked the sculptures in the garden. Nice area near the walls of the city.

My boyfriend didn't care for some of the advertising choices of the hotel. Upon entering, we saw a video montage of the hotel, and various marketing materials. I thought it was a bit unusual, but I didn't have a problem with that.

We stayed in the Orlando room. Very modern, mostly white, and crisp. It was nice to experience something completely different. Prints of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, which my boyfriend didn't care for. Perhaps a little too feminine and trendy for him. The room is something I would imagine to be in South Beach, FL.

The bathroom deserves some comments. It was a glass enclosed bathroom, so there was no privacy, except for a portable screen you could place in front of one area. We are a couple, but I had to make sure he was out of the room when I had to use the toilet. The shower was poorly designed and in need of repair. It had no way to keeping water from leaking into the bathroom floor.

The A/C was loud, but cooled the room very well. Also, early on the morning of our departure, the gardener was doing landscaping with a loud machine, could have been a leaf blower, I don't recall what it was, but it was much too early for such loud noise. We mentioned this, and Elda apologized and explained there was some severe weather that required clean up of the landscaping.

I only remember the eggs from breakfast, so I won't vouch for anything else. I got scrambled eggs cooked to order, and I'm, not sure what it was exactly, except they were the best scrambled eggs I have ever tasted. I wonder if it had something to do with the quality of the eggs.

Had it not been for the loud noise in the morning and the leaking shower, I think the hotel would get a better rating. Beautiful.light filled house. Despite the issues, I wish we could have spent more time on the property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spacious, clean, luxurious suite! Very quiet in the middle of a lovely garden. Free bikes are a real +. Breakfast was of good quality. Ferrara is worth visiting and right in the middle between Verona - Venice and Bologna

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hans D
Reviewed 2 February 2014

An excellent mixture of modern and traditional runs though the hotel. My stay was very comfortable and all the staff very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is located quite centrally within the city walls but at the same time in a very peaceful location surrounded by parkland within the city. Closely located within walking distances to many locations and restaurants within the city it is an excellent choice of hotel for any occasion. A visit in the spring/Summer will be on the cards to enjoy more of the hotel's grounds.
Thank you very much for making me feel so welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Max L
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Villa Horti della Fasnara is a small and cozy hotel in Ferrara. We liked the combination of Asian and European furnishing. The lights in and outside the hotel make you feel at ease in a warm and cozy atmosphere. The hotel must be even more pleasant during summer time, when the big garden can be used.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Villa is amazing place to stay if you have a car and you want to be located near the center. You are surrounded with peace and nature. Staff is very polite. There is excellent agricultural restaurant 100 meters from villa.

Room Tip: Upper floor apartments are better choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BojanBuhac
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We have booked 3 nights at this property secluded by the wall belt of Ferrara and very close to the Jewish cemetery. Ferrara is a fantastic town to visit (we booked two guides, Silvia and Martina, both excellent). This property is a family run business located in the family hamlet. A perfect and well manteined garden surrounds the villa and its seven rooms and facilities. A boutique style suite de luxe was simply perfect for us and our small dog. Very confortable bed and pillows, good amenities and facilities. A bit dark the bathroom and the shower cabin is not the largest I have had i my travelling. Breakfast is average in a very bright (and brand new) breakfast room overlooking the gardens. Weather in mid November was generously sunny and we could enjoy walks in and out the property. The lady owner, Elda, welcomed us very kindly with lots of advices and tips: she looks passionate of her new profession and rightly proud of her beautiful house. We will reccommend Ferrara and this place to all our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where bed and bathroom are located on the same level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple