“Just for the "compagnia"...”
Review of La Compagnia

La Compagnia
Ranked #7 of 581 Restaurants in Ferrara
Price range: US$31 - US$61
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very good service with an owner who tries very had to engage with his guests. The environment is very welcoming and ideal for a group of friends/family, rather than a date.
The food is typical, good, but not exceptional. I think any average housewife in Ferrara can cook as better. The prices are reasonable though. In my case, at least, there is no real reason to return there.

1  Thank cloe321
sergio v, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at La Compagnia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We're sorry that you weren't impressed by our dishes, our customers usually do but I understand that tastes may differ from person to person. Make sure to come back and visit though, we'll be able to surprise you!
The Staff

Reviewed 12 April 2014

A very welcoming friendly restaurant. Excellent pasta dishes, delicious desserts and good wine and beer!! Recommended! Will make a return visit when I go back to Ferrara!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I tried this restaurant for lunch. Whilst the service was friendly, the food was quite disappointing.
I tried a local wine which tasted of vinegar and told the patron this. The local bread that was brought was stale - not necessary these days. I ordered a pasta dish with mushrooms. It was hot and quickly brought, and it was too salty. Whilst the staff were kind and the service efficient, this was one of the poorest meals I encountered during a two week trip to Italy. The hotel I was staying with in Ferrara said they would not have recommended me to this hotel for the above reasons: Poor inferior wine passed off as a typical local speciality, and stale bread. Also the bill was higher than I had been experiencing for similar menus. There are lot of much better restaurants in this area offering better value. The restaurant was almost empty on a Saturday lunchtime, and I am not surprised given the meal cost 4 euros more than in other restaurants for similar food.

1  Thank Reports
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Friendly (speak English, helped us learn some Italian), good food, good wine, reasonably priced.
In my view strikes an excellent balance between too formal and informal cafes.
Highly recommended, will go again!

sergio v, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at La Compagnia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Can't wait to see you again! Thank you!
The Staff

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The food, and the experience, were amazing at this restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff serenaded us after we finished eating. If you are traveling to Ferrara, put this restaurant on your to do list.