“Sometimes I don't agree with the reviews”
Review of Trattoria Fuocolento - CLOSED

Trattoria Fuocolento
Price range: US$35 - US$59
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fuocolento restaurant was an ancient butchery during the Italian Renaissance; in fact there are still a lot of hooks attached into the wooden beams that hold the beautiful printed sealing.32 sittings in cosy place, and you can see the inside of the kitchen. We serve tipical dishes from italian and Ferrarese tradition, but overall laboratory of hand made pasta,bread and desserts.We employ italian certify products, fresh vegetables of the current season and specialities from Ferrara as: cappellacci (pumpkins filled ravioli), salama da sugo with mashed potatoes, ferrarese salami.We also propose a large choose of revisitated recipes taking from the italian tradition using some varieties of fishes and many kind of meat as: horse, duck, lamb, beef.We also propose truffles, foie gras and fresh mushroom.Small cellar with peaks of excellence and a wide range of wines by the glass.Particularly the single origin beans Freshly ground coffee served with fingerbread biscuits with sweet salt of Cervia.The restaurant is situated in the hearth of the medioeval city, in the Jewis ghetto, not far from the cathedral, in the street that links palazzo Diamanti and the Estensi castle with palazzo Schifanoia. Expenditure excluding wine for a full meal is 35 to 45 euros.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The info seemed interesting. But then serious/dated setup, food just correct and prices a bit high. Didn't find anything to make go back to it.

1  Thank Primavino

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Sunply a dream. I've heard about Fuocolento several times cause my friends spending their vacation in Ferrara went there several times. I was in Italy as well and it was my turn to try this experience. Simply the best restaurant I've dined in. Amazing and sublime dishes, a huge italian only wine cellar that guarantees quality and the big surprise, never sern in Italy before, of no service and water charge, they're free. There's also a variety of the best spirits between grappa, whisky and vodka. Great staff, very nice and willing, and a fantastic and friendly chef: Attilio. Definetely highly recommended.

1  Thank SaCruxi
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We both really enjoyed our meals at this restaurant.All four courses were very tasty.I particularly enjoyed the guittarra with a black olive and tuna caviar sauce.Also,the signature dish of duck breast was really tender.The lady co-owner could not do enough to ensure we had a good meal.They deserve to do well and are working flat out to make this trattoria a success.Thank you,again.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Highly recommended!
We were so happy to find this restaurant and what a meal. Everything was fresh and imaginative.The chef Attilio is truly a master in the kitchen. He has a great staff who are both attentive yet discrete.
Menu full of flavours and choices...great cellar and fresh bread daily baked.
The very best in Ferrara!!!!!!

2  Thank koato
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Place was empty all the time we were there. Large dining room, iMac as the cash register. Based on the reviews here we were expecting good... Bread was good. Luckily we started small, as already our primis tasted very bad: I had some disgusting dried fish pulver all around the dish and it tasted only like dried fish. My company had a similar experience with a watery tasting pasta. After trying to eat the dishes half-way we stopped our dinner and left. The dishes were really bad. I hope our experience was just an exception.

1  Thank Its_me_Mario