“Great hospitality”
Villa Marta
The large garden Eat al fresco in the gazebo with a BBQ
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The large garden
Eat al fresco in the gazebo with a BBQ
The garden
The plunge pool
our garden
children's play area
Breakfast in the garden
The balcony
The lounge. Second Floor Apartment
Kitchen seen from the living room.
Second Floor apartment
living room. Second Floor Apartment
modern kitchen. Second Floor Apartment
main bedroom. Second Floor apartment
main bedroom. Second Floor apartment
twin bedroom. Second Floor apartment
twin bedroom with private shower room.
Shower room (twin bedroom)
Part of the large bathroom / jucuzzi Second Floor apartment
shower in the main bathroom Second Floor apartment
view from the balcony
Parking in the grounds . Remote controlled gate
Beautiful Fiuggi
A Fountain in the town square
Fiuggi Fonte with the old town in the distance
Market day in Fiuggi
Entrance to the Bonifacio Terme Spa
The old town
The olympic swimming pool in Fiuggi
Canterno Lake just outside the town
Fiuggi Fonte on a summer evening
The train tours the spa park and woods
The Anticolana Spa gardens
A shop in town selling local products
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dan B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great hospitality”
Reviewed 2 July 2012 for a stay in April 2012

As previous reviews have stated Dorothy provides great hospitality to her guests. We stayed at Villa Marta in the first week of April and had a really nice time. We have two kids aged 8 and 5 and the enclosed garden was great for playing outside (though unfortunately it was too early in the season for the plunge pool). As one of the previous reviewers said WIFI in the apartment was mixed but was fine from the gazebo on our Ipad (Dorothy had already mentioned that this was the best place to link to the wireless). Fiuggi is well placed for both Rome (on the train from Anagni) and Naples (we visited both Pompeii and Herculaneum). The coast at Terracina and the beautiful Sperlonga (the views from the top of the old town are fantastic) is also within easy reach.
We ate a number of times at La Grotta in Fiuggi old town which we found to be a friendly family owned restaurent with simple pizza and pasta.
During our time with Dorothy we had a couple of mishaps with our hire car and then my daughter breaking some glass in the coffee table. Dorothy came into her own in explaining in Italian the problems we had with the car and helping us to sort out a replacement in short order (something I'm not sure I would have achieved without her help!). When my daughter broke the glass Dorothy took an educated guess at what it would cost to replace and I left her that amount. In the end they were able to get some less expensive glass as a replacement and believe it or not Dorothy sent me the excess Euros back through the post to England. I think this shows exactly the sort of person Dorothy is.
The only other point that I would note is that you need to have a car to get the best out of this location in Fiuggi. With relatively small children walking to Fiuggi for meals on an evening was impractical due to the hilly setting and our general level of fitness.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall location between Rome and Naples
Liked least: The distance of the property from the centre of Fiuggi (very hilly with small kids)
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Management Response
21 Jun 2012
Apologies for the inconvenience with the Wi-Fi connection. The problem has since been rectified
The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Palomares Spain
Reviewed 17 April 2012 for a stay in April 2010

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
staceyand...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous apartment in a great spot for exploring Italy”
Reviewed 17 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

This is a great place to go for a family holiday. My husband and I spent 10 days in the ground floor apartment with our 18 month old son. The apartment was everything you need for a self catering holiday. I particularly appreciated the washing machine given the amount of dirty clothes that go along with a toddler!

As we went slightly out of season the amenities in Fiuggi were not quite up and running, which is the only slight down side. However, we specifically chose this time of year so that it wasn't too hot. The weather was perfect every day.

The surrounding countryside is beautiful (with lovely views from the apartment). It's location is perfect to use a base to visit Rome (by train - my tip is to avoid rush hour on a week day as it was manic at the station in Rome and very busy on the train), Montecassino, the coast (Terracina, Sperlonga) and Pompeii/Herculaneum. You do need a car though as the train station is about 20 minutes from Fiuggi by car (although I believe there is a bus).

Having Dorothy and Biagio on site really helped. We were left to enjoy our holiday but knew that they were around to assist with planning the day's activities and provide handy hints for where to go and how to get there.

A great place where we are likely to return.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Doncaster
Reviewed 5 June 2010 for a stay in July 2009

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Oregon
Reviewed 28 April 2010 for a stay in September 2006
people found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing