“Hotel par excellence!!”

Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Fiuggi
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Hotel par excellence!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

When I first arrived, I was a little taken aback by the grandeur, and neatness of the place. However, to my surprise and contrary to my initial impression of it being a little "stiffish" it was relaxed and pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and one of the nicest experiences was the dining. Top notch nosh and wonderful table settings and desserts. The whole establishment is set in beautiful landscaped garden settings, perched atop the highest point in the village. The verandah terrace for breakfast was a delightful experience, the rooms very comfortable, and excellently equipped bathrooms complemented the hotel beautifully. Not my personal choice as I prefer to use boutique hotels, but nonetheless very pleasant and enjoyable and more suited to the 50+ (of which I now am come to think of it).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Aquitaine, France
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The Palazzo della Fonte was old-world elegant with unparalleled service.
From our arrival to departure they didn't miss a beat, and they accepted our dogs (Westie and Jack Russel) with pleasure.
The hotel is set in a splendid park on a hill overlooking the delightful town of Fiuggi, which we had the pleasure of strolling through on an Indian summer Sunday when still full of tourists (mostly Italian) and shops were open and buzzy.
Service is exceptional from porter to checkin to bellman and nothing was too hard.

As dogs are welcome in the hotel, but not in the restaurant, we had a chance to check out room service for dinner and breakfast.
Our dinner was very good (pasta, veal and a shared salad) with a good bottle of red.
Room service menu is extensive enough for most tastes with a good wine select. Food arrived quickly and was warm and tasty for dinner, as was the breakfast.
Our room on 4th floor was large, comfortable and well equipped facing the front of the hotel, fountain, park and Fiuggi town.
Comfortable bed and pillows (rare in Italy), with a large bathroom with numerous towels (rather than the standard one per guest), robes, slippers etc etc everything to make the stay comfortable.
Parking is easy and plentiful.
I would rate this hotel at the same level with Villa d'Este in Como, with better service, nicer rooms and 1/3rd the price.
We have booked another night on way home from our holiday in Puglia.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LesH211
Oxford, U.K
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is undoubtedly one of the most comfortable hotels we have ever stayed in! Not only is it beautiful to look at - with a park surrounding it and views to the hills and fountains - but it is elegantly decorated with enormously light and comfortable public rooms and a verandah for breakfast or dinner. The bedrooms are reached along wide, elegant corridors in the palatial style, lined with antiques, and they are extremely comfortable and roomy. The lifts always seemed empty and awaiting us!The beds are heaven - good box springs - and anyone who knows Italy knows that this is an uncommon state of affairs - Italians seeming generally to favour rock-hard mattresses and pillows! The air-conditioning really worked properly and there were plenty of easy chairs and little tables to use in the rooms also.(We did not have the most luxurious grade either!). The service was extremely good: within an hour of arriving in late afternoon, I was able to have garments ironed and returned! The rooms were made up rapidly in the mornings.The food was hearty - huge portions of good quality ingredients - not too much 'worked on' by the chefs!! Just tasty stuff for hungry Italian guests. Plenty of vegetables! Good wine list with interesting local wines as well and a knowledgeable maitre d' (Rumanian - he insisted on playing the violin at us which was kind but made us giggle!). Excellent breakfasts: cold tea but that is normal in Italy! We were superbly comfortable there and I would like to retire there and live in the place!

Room Tip: Choose one overlooking the front entrance with the fountains: interesting views but still very quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tappi
UK
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our second visit to this hotel and we found it much improved from our last visit 3 years ago. The rooms have been refurbished. The staff it seems retrained. Overall a very pleasant stay. I have knocked a point off as the air conditioning in one of our rooms was not very efficient. We would return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jj1068
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference, I then extended my break for a personal week away with a friend. When I first got to the hotel I was quite dissapointed - the showers didn't work very well and the hotel looked dated and tired. However the more time I spent here, the more I fell in love with the place! The staff were amazing, the food was scrumptious and to be honest by the end of my trip I felt like I was living through a Sophia Loren movie. Amazing terrace where you could have breakfast in the sunshine, or pre/post dinner drinks. The rooms were large - the beadspreads were certainly something that reminded me of my Grandmohers house so that amused me more than anything! So, on first impression you may be disspointed with this hotel, but if you want something a little different and quirky, then go for it. I would certainly like to go back as the surrounding area of Fuiggi is also beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out of the front of the hotel, rather than the rear. Also some of the rooms h...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Samia R
Roma
Reviewed 21 December 2012

From an architectural stand point this hotel is really great with it's liberty style it feels like the time is suspended (and sometime creepy ... as reminded me the horror movie "Shining"). Rooms are extremely spacious with nice classic style furniture, bed is sumptuous, bathroom clean and roomy, easy to park your car. This hotel has a really nice swimming pool (outdoor and heated indoor). We choose this hotel because of it's SPA which unfortunately honestly did not impressed me. The SPA definitively does not worth the money spent. Service is a bit sloppy as you can ear the staff talking about their own working issues in front of the customer rather than focusing on the customer needs. Breakfast definitively not good for an hotel of this ranking, poor selection of food that you can expect in a 3 star hotel and not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZippoRoma
Boskoop, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We have stayed one night in this 5 star hotel. Rooms are OK but for some reason it did not make us "happy to stay". The hotel is situated on a great location, on a hill in Fiuggi. I assume we are not the rigth target for this hotel but people looking for a great terme place will be.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple