All reviewssea viewnice hotelinto town for dinneraccommodating staffunderstated elegancelocation is idealsea frontpool areaoff seasonfirst floorprivate beachlaurabalconyseptemberhirebeachclubrelationship
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Petit boutique hotel with a classy understated elegance in a great location right on the seafront promenade of Forte dei Marmi.

Great staff (people do make the difference), nicely decorated rooms (all with their own balcony), outdoor pool, lovely breakfast, free wi-fi.
Just all you need for a carefree stay in this beautiful destination.

Highly recommended

Tips: sea view rooms highly advised, possible on top floors or one of the three rooms on the first floor with larger balconies for those who enjoy being outside as often as possible

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Luigi I
SimoPell, Direttore at Hotel Il Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Luigi,

thank you so much for the fantastic review and this score !!! I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Negresco and in general in Forte dei Marmi.
I agree with you about your comment regarding the Staff, people really make the difference....and sense of hospitaliy is the mission for all of us.
Thank you for the tips and for sharing your positive experience.
See you soon again at the Negresco!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We have just spent a most enjoyable week at Hotel Il Negresco. The hotel is bright and welcoming and our room and all the public areas were clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and very professional - I would mention, in particular, Laura and Angelo who always went out of their way to help whether with directions or recommendations for local restaurants.

The hotel is a pleasant 15 to 20 minute walk from the main town centre where numerous designer shops and restaurants can be found. Prices tend to be high, so, as far as restaurants are concerned, check out the cost before venturing inside. That having been said, there a number of great restaurants to be found, especially those on the sea-front.

All-in-all, we spent a very enjoyable week in the hotel, made especially agreeable by the fabulous mid October weather.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room overlooking the sea front
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SimoPell, Direttore at Hotel Il Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest

thank you so much for your fantastic review and your the time you have dedicated to us!
I am so happy to understand that you spent such a pleasant holiday at the Negresco and that you enjoyed discovering the town and the whole area.
In Forte dei Marmi there are a lot of great restaurants and our Staff is always available to give all the information and tips to our Guests.
I hope that you will have the chance to visit us again and I thank you so much for your kindness and appriciation.
Best regards.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The Hotel in itself is good, It is about 1 km from the city center. The service in the reception was good. The service in the restaurant was unfriendly and unprofessional. The food for dinner had basically no taste. The breakfast was soso. The worst was the coffee. How can a 4 star hotel in Italy have bad coffee?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SimoPell, Direttore at Hotel Il Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest, I am very sorry that you had a unsatisfactory experience at the Negresco and I am especially sorry and also surprised for your comment about restaurant service and quality of food. We normally dedicate high attention to details during breakfast or dinner and our staff is always available to satisfay requests or special needs, but I will check for sure with our restaurant director, to avoid this kind of problems at any time.
About breakfast we offer a wide choise of products but if this is not enough our staff is prepared to manage requests.
About coffee: I am sorry but it is difficult to find an answer to your comment: the espresso and cappuccino are of good quality and regarding the american coffee we have on the buffet a good machine with filters to have real fresh american coffee at any time.
Anyway, thank you for the time you dedicated to us and for your suggestions, it is always important for us to understand the point of view of our Guests to improve our service.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We turned up to this hotel unexpectedly, having read reviews on this site. We had been staying further south in Italy, however we seemed to be stuck under a thunderstorm and as it was our last day and night we decided to travel to catch the sun before returning home from Pisa airport. We arrived about mid day and Simonetta, who I think is the manager, couldn't be more helpful and within five minutes we were settled in a fantastic room with a balcony overlooking the sea - exquisite. The hotel is spotlessly clean and kept to a very high standard. We had intended to use the lovely little pool area during the afternoon, however the hotel have the use of some umbrellas and loungers on the beach which we opted for instead (you have to pay which is absolutely the norm in Italy).
We had arrived just in time for me to walk the ten or so minutes into the market, which in my opinion is the best I have been to in Italy - genuine cashmere and leather items.
As we were only able to stay for one night we opted to walk back into town for dinner, so didn't experience dinner at the hotel, however breakfast was a full buffet with choice of hot and cold food, yogurts, fruits, home made cakes etc. All in all a fantastic experience, everyone was so friendly and we shall definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room at the front overlooking the sea must be best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

thank you so much for your fantastic review and score! I still remeber your arrival at the hotel and I am so happy that you had such a good experience even in a short stay in Forte dei Marmi.
I really hope that you will plan soon a new visit at the Negresco, we will be happy to arrange for you a nice sea view room on the top floor to enjoy our best sunsets!
Thank you again for having shared your experience and hope to meet you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I Stayed from September 9 to the 14th. The location is ideal in that it is just a short walk to the Town Center that has the shops and restaurants. The rooms are not large but are comfortable. The breakfast is generous. From the location we did day trips each day to surrounding towns and access is easy to the autostrada. Skip the Wednesday market in the square as its more of a flee market with mostly junk or some bad knock offs.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SimoPell, Direttore at Hotel Il Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the review and the fantastic score! It is always such a pleasure to read that our Guests had plesant experience at the Negresco and in our region!
As you said it is so easy and enjoyable to reach different places or organize trips from Forte dei Marmi and especially in September it is so nice to combinate some days at the beach and some days dedicated to discovering the surrounding areas.
Thank you also for having appriciated our breakfast, we dedicate really high care to this important moment to start a good day!
I hope that you will have again the chance to be with us and I send my best regards.