“RETURN TO ITALY”
Review of La Pace

La Pace
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Forte Dei Marmi
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We travelled as a couple to Forte Dei Marmi to celebrate my birthday. On arrival we had the warmest welcome I can remember! Our room was basic but functional and kept very clean. The hotel location is perfect. Near enough to the busy centre but far enough away for a bit of peace and quiet. We ate out every night so only had breakfast which was more than an adequate start to the day, especially the coffee. We were given maps and helpful information for things to see and do and if you stay, I cannot recommend enough the day trip we had to Cinque Terre. For me, as a keen cyclist, the highlight of the week was the hired bikes which allowed us to really explore the area safely and use a lot less energy than walking in the heat. Seeing my wife ride away from me without a care in the world was so funny as it has been an age since she last rode a bike. In what is a very italian resort, we were made to feel welcome everywhere we went but no more than at our hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room we had was comfortable and airy. It was very clean and the towels were changed daily and the bed sheets were changed after 3 days.
The room was kept very clean and the staff could not do enough for us they were a very happy band of workers and even the management were great they gave us advice about the area and also maps . There was no fitness centre or swimming pool but the sea and beach is only 6 to 8 walk away.

Room Tip: Not certain about other rooms the more you pay the better the room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christopher w
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Recently spent a few days in this hotel which I used as a base to explore Tuscany. Very much enjoyed my stay in the comfortable, clean room. Staff were friendly and efficient. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Everyone went out of their way to insure I enjoyed my trip to Forte Dei Marmi. Maps, directions and bus and train timetables given out on request.
Food was simple but beautifully cooked and presented. As a vegetarian I was adequately catered for. I thought the hotel was very good value for money. There is a small lounge and reception area with a bar. Pretty gardens with attractive garden furniture and super large hammock!
The hotel is just a couple of streets away from the sea front but very peaceful. A quiet haven away from what must be a very resort in the summer. I fully intend to return if I get the chance. Smashing holiday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane Linda Mary S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just spent 5 days in this delightful hotel. We had a comfortable and clean room with good beds and ensuite shower room. The meals (breakfast and dinner) were simple but adequate. The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. The location was great - tucked away down a quiet side street but only a few minutes walk to the beach and the town centre. We would definitely come back here and would recommend it as a perfect base for exploring this wonderful area. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank iwanttogoawaynow
Reviewed 7 October 2013

A very pleasant stay in lovely surroundings.
The staff were excellent , so helpful , polite and well humoured.
Breakfast was pretty basic but dinner was always well cooked and well presented.
The resort is in walking distance , there is a weekly market and a fruit and veg market open daily.
In the adjacent street is a very good bar , a bakers and an ice cream parlour.
The hotel garden is well equipped with comfortable loungers and tables and is usually restful and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marley109
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Smallish hotel in its own garden furnished with chairs and loungers [and large umbrellas]. Decent comfortable rooms and good en-suite showers. Some comfortable sofa's and small bar in reception.. 5 minutes from the beach. Reasonable continental breakfast and tasty dinners though no Michelin stars!
Honest photos on their website.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies. Annex might be quieter in the mornings.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank fellix
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 10 days and felt compelled to write about how nice the hotel is. Yes the rooms are slightly dated but they are clean and functional. The food was of a good standard and the staff made it their duty to make you feel welcome. The location is close to a vast array of shops, boutiques and restaurants and gelatarias. The bikes for hire were a great idea and a way of exploring the (very flat) terrain. I haven't cycled so much since I was a child!
My only annoyance (not at any fault of the hotel) which I know is the same for much of Italy is the cost of using the beach. €52 euros per day seemed very expensive. All in all if you want to stay in a typical, very welcoming Italian hotel with good food and service, I would thoroughly recommend hotel la pace.

• Stayed: August 2013