Radisson Blu Resort, Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Majestic
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a lovely time at this hotel and there is not really anything specific wrong with the hotel but it lack attention to detail compared to other Raddison Hotels. The staff is not really that friendly and I felt that the breakfast variety is not enough. Room was Ok

We liked the pool and the free bikes that we could take into Battaglia.

There is a great pizza place in the main street with amazing food at a good price. We took the train to Venice from the Battaglia station. We walked to the station because the outsourced taxi service charging 34€ for not even 3 km was expensive. Its an easy walk. We bought the train tickets from the tobacco shop on the way to the station. It opens nice and early but only accept cash. Ask for the regional train tickets 60km to Venice.

Room Tip: Our room 210 balcony looked out onto an unfinished building site and the the staff parking and deli...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I first went to this Terme after the birth of my second kid for some R&R, spent 3 days in blissful heaven.
Floating around in warm sulphur (not smelly) water, napping on the cushy lounge chairs in the sun wrapped in a blanket, (it was January), waiters bringing me cappuccinos while I sat in a bathrobe - and the great cuisine and wines of the Veneto region.
That was a splug, but I have been back countless times just for the night, usually take the kids.

We get there early, and leave late the next day so we get the most out of the spa, and still have a fun sleepover in the super clean, elegant, spacious rooms.

With a full 3 course dinner, wine, enormous breakfast, room and spa its about 90 euro per person -so squeeze in as much as you can. Remember to visit the "grotto" a natural turkish steam room.

Kids are welcome, but have to behave. Last visit I brought my 9 year old and his friend; at first I had to remind them that its wasn't a water park, but by the second day (we had a picnic on the grass) they were so zenned out by the water I just found them floating around with their heads in the clouds.
This in European, civilised relaxation at its best - just go with it!

Room Tip: Don't book on line, call and speak to someone, you will get a better deal. Make sure you unders...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a difficult one....on one hand I really liked this property - we had a very nice junior suite in the Majestic building with amazing views, the heated outdoor pools are huge, probably the best I have experienced at a hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable and absolutely no issues with the cleaning of the room on a daily basis (our do not disturb sign was not ignored as per a previous client). The breakfast was fine and covered our requirements, basically quite a lavish continental spread. It is possibly not the ideal place to go with children - the pool attendant spent a lot of his time staring at us every time one of our kids showed any evidence of having fun while we were at the pool - possibly to protect the ambience that seems to have been created....namely children / adults should be seen and not heard. On arrival I unloaded all of our luggage myself / took it to our room and was not offered any assistance. Every other client I witnessed checking in was offered this service so maybe I was unlucky. On one occasion I asked for milk to fill up our sons bottle - and was charged Euro 2.50 - this I thought was a little on the tight side but it still managed to make me laugh. I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first time I have been charged for milk to fill a child's bottle. The staff at reception were also very protective of handing out wifi vouchers but I got there in the end (not enough space to explain the full story). The other clientele in the hotel were 90% German and were all impeccably behaved....possibly too well behaved as there was in my opinion a lack of atmosphere. The staff seemed keen to speak German but speaking English to them was not a problem at all - the staff seemed to have a good basic grasp of the language. Would I return? Sure, why not......would they want me????? I don't think so to be honest.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Huge hotel complex, lots of empty space. Check-in at the Sporting hotel took two minutes and we went up to a junior suite. Basic room furnishings, didn't feel to be the level of a Radisson Blu. The two pillows on the bed were extremely thin (15cm, i measured it) and absolutely flat, so we called reception for extra ones. Restaurants at both hotel buildings (Majestic and Sporting) close by 10 pm. Hotel staff and guests are older, retirement age. The hotel is really suited for older guests looking for a tranquil spot. Service at the outside bar in the evening is simply so bad, it's almost laughable. The waiter spent most of the time chatting up women than actually serving anyone at the tables. I was forced to walk up to the waiter and order a drink which he did not appreciate judging by his demeanour, so he proceeded to ignore our table for the rest of the evening. I was always forced to walk up to him and repeatedly order drinks. Pool is nice, but beware when searching for a lounge chair. Some chairs have tags with room numbers meaning that those spots are reserved. Breakfast was very very spartan. I wouldn't return here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Travelman0101
Reviewed 17 August 2013

At first sight when you enter the hotel you get the impression this going to be a nightmare. But honestly I would consider returning.
The hotel and its staff is on average 50 but being old has his advantages. The personnel gives you a 5 star service. They know this business and how too handle demanding clients. Your prosecco or gin tonic takes some time to be served but is served to perfection with a big smile and thank you sir. The service in the restaurant is very fluent.
The interior of the hotels has a sixties look which will get trendy in a couple of years.
One of the great advantages of this hotel is its central location. Less than an hour drive from Venice and Verona.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable certainly for a 4 star rated hotel.
Breakfast and dinner are very good. All the basics fit. No extravaganza but you can not expect to get better value for money.
There is a nine hole golf course at walking distance. The golf course is a demanding 9 holes pitch & put type of course (1 par 4 and 1 par 5 all the rest are par 3) you can easily to the nine holes in a little bit over an hour. This makes it very pleasant after or before other activities.By the way the food at the golf course is very good.
The real magic of this hotel lays in the swimming pool. The swimming pool consists of 1 inside and 2 outside areas all connected but with different temperatures. Different whirlpools are nested in these swimming pools making it possible to relax different type of muscles. You can easily spent an hour or two in the pool forgetting all the stress of the day or journey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vanlent
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here for a short break with my wife. The majestic hotel is the best appointed hotel on the site. The pool and beauty spa are good. The food ok, the staff were fine. Big warning for those with little Italian language, no one here speaks English, some valiant attempts, they clearly se very few Brits or other English speakers. Lots of Germans and all the staff spoke good German. The Fango mud treatments need to be experienced , but the massage in the Fango centre was more akin to an assault (kidding) than a relaxing massage. We did have a treatment the following day in the beauty rooms, this was much more akin to what you would expect. however in August the car park was full, but there were about 25 guests, no atmosphere with so few.

Room Tip: Majestic building 100%
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed for several nights while exploring this part of Italy. It seemed to be popular place for short breaks by Italian and foreign couples, as well as some families. I stayed in the pool side (there is also a sports side which is closer to the golf course and sport facilities which looked good).

The hotel is about 20 minutes by taxi from the train station, and pretty well placed for Padova, Venice, Verona and beyond.

The room was clean, well sized and comfortable. Unfortunately my balcony wasn't particularly impressive, others give much better views. The decor is modern but very plain and there is nothing to distinguish this hotel from any other. The staff were very attentive and clearly took pride in the service they offered. Bruno on the reception desk was particularly friendly and welcoming.

The food reflected, to some extent, local produce but felt like fairly standard hotel fair. Nonetheless well cooked and presented, with a good breakfast range and a healthy lunch buffet served poolside. The menu was relatively inexpensive compared to restaurants in Venice and Verona. The restaurant is quite formal though, more so than suits my taste when on holiday.

Of course the reason for going is the spa and thermal pools. My treatments were excellent, the staff were very helpful in identifying the best ones for me. With some trepidation I was recommended a mud wrap amongst others and quite enjoyed the experience. What's more they worked, for some time afterwards my otherwise chronic bad back and neck were really much improved. The pools were fabulous; warm and inviting with a variety of jacuzzi options. These pools are for relaxing in and, particularly during the summer heat when serious swimming is just out of the question. The poolside bar offers a range of beverages and although busy in July, it didn't feel crowded or noisy.

Would recommend for a short spa break, but particularly suited (pool side anyway) to couples and older people wanting a quiet and luxury stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galzignano Terme
Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Splendid
Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Sple...
#3 of 3 in Galzignano Terme
Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazioni
Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazio...
#5 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme
#10 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme
Hotel Terme Imperial
Hotel Terme Imperial
#17 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Majestic? Share your experiences!