Radisson Blu Resort, Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Majestic
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms are of a good size. Breakfast plenty! Service very friendly and helpful. The SPA area pretty wide, with a sauna, a turkish bath, jacuzzis in huge swimming pools. Warm thermal waters both indoor and outdoor. Just great swimming in a hot hazy pool under the stars or just "chillin" in the hot bubbles in a winter evening!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tapanuli

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Radisson Blu in July for 4 nights. Just like my title says, the pools were fantastic. Some hot, some cold and lots of yard space for relaxing. Although, we were never made aware of the tags you need to reserve the pool lounge chairs. Speaking of communication, language was a barrier at this resort. The front desk clerks were pretty fluent, but, most of the other service personnel were not. Also, most of the front desk help did not seem friendly. The breakfast was decent, and we loved our hostess, Isabella, each morning. In my opinion, she was the saving grace of our stay. Going into more detail of our stay (while attempting not to be too long-winded), the first room we booked, the air conditioning did not work. We were moved into a different room, and the air conditioning still did not work well, but we didn't feel like packing up our luggage again, so we endured. In the second room, we discovered the shower bathtub leaked water all over the floor, seeping into the toilet area. I'm glad I discovered the water before falling on the floor. The leak was fixed the next day, and Radisson was nice in that they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. That was nice. What wasn't nice is that the champagne was delivered into our room, when the "Do Not Disturb" sign was up, and while I was not clothed after taking my shower. Meaning, the deliverer of our champagne opened our door, with the Do Not Disturb sign up, while my husband and I were repeatedly asking her not to come in because I was not clothed. Another example of a language barrier, but also not very good overall etiquette. One more disturbing thing that happened is that I ordered a pina colada (not a cheap drink either), and the pineapple used in it was moldy. My husband told the bartender about the moldy pineapple, and he reaction was apathetic. After all this, corporate was very gracious and reimbursed all the reward points we had used on our stay. I have heard good things about other Radisson Blu resorts, but, I do not recommend this hotel. One final note, much of the Majestic building we were in seemed run down and was under construction.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennine G
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just got back from a 5 day stay. Nice place, recently renovated rooms, which are great. Huge bed which was extremely comfy. Big TV , Free wireless Lan in room which worked perfectly.
breakfast was very nice. Good selection on an evening in the restaurant. The Therma pool area was great and further improvements are being made.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Duckie7
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The resort is close enough to Padova to enable travel to other big cities... The station closest is Battaglia Terme and remember to buy your ticket at the Tabacchi shop first. The hotel is very clean and relaxing with extremely friendly staff... The pool and spa area is fantastic and the don't be put off by travelling through reception in your robe...everybody does it lol...go and try it

Room Tip: All rooms seem good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek C
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a lovely time at this hotel and there is not really anything specific wrong with the hotel but it lack attention to detail compared to other Raddison Hotels. The staff is not really that friendly and I felt that the breakfast variety is not enough. Room was Ok

We liked the pool and the free bikes that we could take into Battaglia.

There is a great pizza place in the main street with amazing food at a good price. We took the train to Venice from the Battaglia station. We walked to the station because the outsourced taxi service charging 34€ for not even 3 km was expensive. Its an easy walk. We bought the train tickets from the tobacco shop on the way to the station. It opens nice and early but only accept cash. Ask for the regional train tickets 60km to Venice.

Room Tip: Our room 210 balcony looked out onto an unfinished building site and the the staff parking and deli...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I first went to this Terme after the birth of my second kid for some R&R, spent 3 days in blissful heaven.
Floating around in warm sulphur (not smelly) water, napping on the cushy lounge chairs in the sun wrapped in a blanket, (it was January), waiters bringing me cappuccinos while I sat in a bathrobe - and the great cuisine and wines of the Veneto region.
That was a splug, but I have been back countless times just for the night, usually take the kids.

We get there early, and leave late the next day so we get the most out of the spa, and still have a fun sleepover in the super clean, elegant, spacious rooms.

With a full 3 course dinner, wine, enormous breakfast, room and spa its about 90 euro per person -so squeeze in as much as you can. Remember to visit the "grotto" a natural turkish steam room.

Kids are welcome, but have to behave. Last visit I brought my 9 year old and his friend; at first I had to remind them that its wasn't a water park, but by the second day (we had a picnic on the grass) they were so zenned out by the water I just found them floating around with their heads in the clouds.
This in European, civilised relaxation at its best - just go with it!

Room Tip: Don't book on line, call and speak to someone, you will get a better deal. Make sure you unders...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a difficult one....on one hand I really liked this property - we had a very nice junior suite in the Majestic building with amazing views, the heated outdoor pools are huge, probably the best I have experienced at a hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable and absolutely no issues with the cleaning of the room on a daily basis (our do not disturb sign was not ignored as per a previous client). The breakfast was fine and covered our requirements, basically quite a lavish continental spread. It is possibly not the ideal place to go with children - the pool attendant spent a lot of his time staring at us every time one of our kids showed any evidence of having fun while we were at the pool - possibly to protect the ambience that seems to have been created....namely children / adults should be seen and not heard. On arrival I unloaded all of our luggage myself / took it to our room and was not offered any assistance. Every other client I witnessed checking in was offered this service so maybe I was unlucky. On one occasion I asked for milk to fill up our sons bottle - and was charged Euro 2.50 - this I thought was a little on the tight side but it still managed to make me laugh. I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first time I have been charged for milk to fill a child's bottle. The staff at reception were also very protective of handing out wifi vouchers but I got there in the end (not enough space to explain the full story). The other clientele in the hotel were 90% German and were all impeccably behaved....possibly too well behaved as there was in my opinion a lack of atmosphere. The staff seemed keen to speak German but speaking English to them was not a problem at all - the staff seemed to have a good basic grasp of the language. Would I return? Sure, why not......would they want me????? I don't think so to be honest.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galzignano Terme
Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Splendid
Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Sple...
#3 of 3 in Galzignano Terme
3 mi away
Hotel Eliseo Terme
Hotel Eliseo Terme
#6 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme
Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazioni
Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazio...
#3 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme
Esplanade Tergesteo
Esplanade Tergesteo
#4 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme
AbanoRitz Thermae & Wellness Hotel
Apollo Hotel Terme
Apollo Hotel Terme
#12 of 25 in Montegrotto Terme

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Terme di Galzignano - Hotel Majestic? Share your experiences!