“Amazing stay at the Bisesti for our daughter's wedding”
Review of Hotel Bisesti

Hotel Bisesti
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Garda
Chesterfield, England
“Amazing stay at the Bisesti for our daughter's wedding”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our family group stayed at the Bisesti 3-10 Aug'13 for our daughter's wedding at the castle in Torri Del Benaco. From start to finish the hotel staff were wonderful and could not have been more helpful & attentive. Big thanks to Laura for all the help organising the evening wedding cake and Hind & the kitchen staff / waitresses for their brilliant musical presentation of the cake for the newlyweds.
Our rooms and the rest of the hotel were spotless - the food (we were half board) was excellent , couldn't fault anything. Anyone not enjoying the fare on offer must be particularly hard to please as we were a group of mixed ages with differing tastes and everyone made a point of complimenting the food.
Yes the internal decorations are reminiscent of Italy's bygone years but that's exactly what we wanted to experience, not the clinical minimalistic feel of a hotel chain which could place you anywhere.
Swimming pool is immaculate and was a welcome cool down for the nr 40 deg weather we experienced during the week.
Location is just right far enough to escape the hustle of the lakeside areas, but only about a 300 yard walk to the front.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Garda.

Thanks to all at the Bisesti.

Andy Atkinson

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have been in this resort before but chose to go to the Bisesti as they were offering 150 euros for snacks an drinks taken in the hotel Too good an opportunity to miss, thank you Thomsons. We really liked this hotel and found it better than the one we stayed in last year. Closer to the lake and all the other amenities, the staff were excellent and friendly and the food was good. The breakfast was continental but this suits me. If you wanted hot eggs etc there was a charge. The weather was glorious and the pool was well laid out with plenty of loungers, we had a very nice balcony overlooking the garden and we made good use of it. There was one day of rain but luckily it was on Wimbledon Men's Finals day and we were able to watch Andy lift the cup. Hoorah. If I was going back to Garda I would not mind going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you want a/c
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dr0dden
huddersfield
Reviewed 28 June 2013

At first appearance the hotel looks impressive. But, there's a very 70's feel to the place, especially in the reception area and other communal areas. Saying that, some of the stairways are lovely and done in a classical style!
The room I had left a lot to be desired. I had a single room, which was a similar size to a prison cell. The bathroom was very dated, and the shower could not be regulated to hot or cold, so you have to keep fiddling with the dial to continue showering. The bed was actually very comfortable, no complaints there.
It did not have A/C, just a noisy fan which couldn't be switched off unless unplugged. My cell's one redeeming feature was a small balcony which I used frequently if I wanted to sit relatively comfortably.
I asked to upgrade and during these discussions I saw other single rooms and realised I had probably had the "best" of a bad lot!
The food was passable, nothing more. I tried the a la carte menu and was disappointed on every occasion. The chef relies only on salt to provide flavour to food, he seems to be scared of the herbs and spices usually found in traditional Italian cooking. I realised this was mass produced food, probably out of a tin or a packet, hence the poor taste and quality.
Service was ok. Housekeeping and reception staff were friendly and efficient. They booked airport transfers for us and transport to Verona prior to our arrival.
The night staff was a lovely man who was very kind and helpful. Waiting staff were also trying their best but they were kept very busy and they always seemed to be short staffed. Don't wait for them to come and take your order, go to the bar yourself to place your order. You might have to wait at the bar for 5 minutes because its deserted, but this was the "quickest" way of getting a drink.
The pool is great. It has graduated steps into it, which is great if you have some mobility problems. It also has 3 jet spa seats, and some other types of jets which were very powerful and great for aching muscles. Unfortunately, this all stopped working by day 2 of our stay. We inquired when it would be working again but it still wasn't fixed by the time we left, 5 days later.
The sun loungers do not have any padding on them, you can buy some at reception, but this is a very cynical way of trying to make money. This is a shame because I'm a sun lover and spend a lot of time and money around a pool, but they just don't seem to regard comfort as an important feature of relaxing around a pool. So I hardly bothered with the pool facilities after all the good stuff broke.
There is a definite problem at the Bisesti with slamming doors at night. The slightest breeze seems to blow the badly fitted metal doors off their latches, and they slam continuously, though this may only affect the part of the building that I was in.
As if that wasn't enough, the local church is a stones throw away and is extremely noisy very early in the morning and at lunchtime. Not sure if the bells pealed after that because we tended to be gone for the rest of the day. But the hotel can't be blamed for external noise, so bear it in mind if you're a light sleeper.
There is a distinct lack of atmosphere around the bar and seating areas, and everyone seems to go to bed by midnight. This isn't surprising as the average age of guests is mid 60's.
There was some entertainment provided, with an excellent violinist one evening.
The hotel is in a decent location. It's a fairly short walk to the strip along the lake.
Just across the road from the hotel is a supermarket of sorts, but it seems to stock mainly different kinds of crackers and crisps and booze (which is very reasonable compared to the UK) I wanted some kind of snack food like a cup a soup or something but they didn't stock things like that. They did have a deli counter where they had freshly baked lasagne etc which they sell by weight, so be warned if you only want a small portion!

Overall, I liked it more than I disliked it, but it was very disappointing in the most important aspects of a holiday. The relaxation/comfort factor is grossly overlooked here, as is the food quality.

It really could have been so much better if the owners just paid attention to these things.

Room Tip: Cheap rooms mean small! Take your own tea/coffee making facilities. If you want food which includes...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank trudie001uk
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Well maintained Hotel, with helpful friendly staff. Close to the Lake and shops, level easy walking. also near to bus station Lovely pool area, well looked after. Set well back from the road quiet location. Car park..

Good food, excellent choice for breakfast and dinner. Drinks reasonable in price. Would be five stars but single room very small. Stayed 13 to 19 June 2013. Would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony rooms are larger.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jaybee747
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a fabulous location but this probably the only thing going for it. The majority of the guests are older English and German customers so if you are looking for the quintessential Italian experience, you won’t find it here. I can see why the older customers flock here in droves. The décor is from the 60’s, including the blankets. The food menu is old fashioned and terriblen... I had a feeling I was eating retirement village food. Who goes to Italy to eat Hungarian Goulash??! I was woken each night by the couple next door either snoring or coughing or fighting, at one stage I woke to the wife berating the husband for booking a tour she didn’t want to go on, I was going to mention to them, to sort it out, he could go and she could stay and then I could go back to sleep. The cleaners bang around in the halls, I know they have to do their jobs but they can also consider the guests are paying to have a relaxing time and to be kicked out of the room so they could clean at 8am. Overall, its a lack of good management. One redeeming feature a few staff members namely Carlo.

I decided to leave early (due to the above) and gave them over 24 hours’ notice of my intentions. I have never been subjected to the treatment I got once I told them. Firstly I had Laura, the assistant manager yelling at me from her office that I have to stay and pay for what I booked. I believe that Laura’s father owns the hotel/manages clearly believes she is beyond reproach. She needs to be sent to training regarding the role of an assistant manager and people management/social skills. After I said I was leaving, the staff we either rude or dismissive toward me. Apart from Carlo who was his usual cheerful self.

This hotel is like Kellermans from Dirty Dancing and has the décor to match. It doesn’t feel like it is in Italy and it is run appallingly. Never again.

When I was checking out, to add insult to injury, the receptionist insisted I leave a good review for them because they let me go early. Well, this is my review, I think I have been fair and I could have been a lot worse. People will overlook the décor and the standard of rooms if you offer good service and a nice relaxing environment. This hotel offers none of that, it offers shabby treatment by management which is indicative of the whole hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank RobynBobby1
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Myself and partner have been together almost 8 years and never been abroad together on holiday. Our holiday to Garda was out first proper holiday and one we will never forget. Hotel bisesti was a lovely hotel and staff all very welcoming, we are already planning on returning very soon. Hotel in perfect location. Would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed September 2012
9 Thank Consmay
lancashire
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Booked this as one of the only ones I could afford with my 14 year old daughter, was a little apprehensive, but pleasantly surprised!
Quaint hotel, nice room, nice pool, mostly empty aswell. Stayed for four nights. Pleasant staff. But for a female on her own with daughter the location was perfect. Accross a zebra crossing was the lake and all the shops and restaurants, felt very safe in garda lovely shops, touristy but not like cheap ones in other countries. Went on trip to Venice the very next morning, which I booked by emailing the hotel who booked it for us and we paid them when we got there, how nice was that! Trip to Venice was about £100 each but well worth it a few hours on coach and then boat. Went on boat trip round the islands of Venice after paying for a cheap lunch 15 euros which most of the coach did, the lady took us to a cafe and we all had choice of main dessert and drink for this, very cheap compared with most of Venice. Met up later in afternoon for the trip which quite honestly, we didn;'t have the energy to do any more, it was so hot. Spent rest of time there sunbathing by pool and going into Garda for a look round or lunch. Paid for half board but one day swopped it for lunch and had evening meal out instead. We would both go back, the place is beautiful!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family