All reviews junior suite indoor pool american bar walk in wardrobe patio restaurant lake garda half board truly memorable experience wine list is independent travellers italian cuisine vast majority spacious balcony an amazing hotel daily menu private parking poolside bar
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

This is a quaint typically Itallian hotel situated in Garda on Lake Garda. We upgraded to a junior suit which was well worth the extra €40 per night. The hotel is spotless and the pools are lovely. The gardens are well manicured and well kept. I could not fault anything. If I was to critique anything the hallway to the spa could do with better lighting and new carpet but this is minor.
We ate in the Resturant twice and both times the dinner was lovely. Small portions of tasty Italian food. Breakfast was well presented with everything you could wish for and always fresh.
This hotel does not have many young families staying here mainly an older clientele, I'm not sure why but that suited me.
It's quiet, and very relaxing. The spa has a good steam room, showers and a rest room. I used this everyday and again was spotless.
Overall I loved it and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely come back!
I can now see why people do come back year on year!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara2105
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Recently visited Lake garda and stayed at the Regina Hotel. In short the hotel is very welcoming, clean, homely, fresh with modern and antique decor......i would definitely stay here again.

We were 9 people travelling as a family in celebration of my fathers 70th. The weather was poor for the first 2 days and so we made good use of the indoor pool, steam room and sauna. All clean, well kept and a pleasure to use. The third and fourth day was sunny and so we ventured out around the pool. The water was inviting yet still fresh so early in the season. It didn't stop us swimming in it for short periods! The pool bar/restaurant served the best salads and all prices were sensible and not inflated like some hotels. By night we used to meet in the lounge bar and have a couple of beers prior to leaving to eat out. One evening we did stay for a meal in the general dining room (opposed to the fine dinning restaurant). The menu was 30 euros for five courses!!......very good value and excellent food. You got a pre starter, choice from 3 starters, 3 mains and a selection of home made desserts. Cheese was there for those who would like. We were also treated to a complementary aperitif prior to dinner.

Breakfast was served in a bright and airy room with all the usual offerings of high quality products. No cheap alternatives. The staff were attentive and made the stay even better.

The bedroom was 152 on the first floor. Large suite room very well decorated with a sizable bathroom. The room was well presented and extremely clean and tidy.....no damaged floor or wall coverings like you do get in some hotels..... The only complaint my wife had, was the lighting in the bathroom was poor for applying her evening make up!! There was a walk in wardrobe with safe and a TV with plenty of European channels....only BBC World Service.....but that is standard ...isn't it for hotels worldwide!

The hotel was almost on the lake front and immediately adjacent the restaurants, shops and bars of Garda.

We would highly recommend this place to stay. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: We had 152 you will not be disappointed.
Reviewed 26 May 2015

What an amazing weekend at what the whole group felt was a lovely, flawless hotel.
6 Adults, 3 children. 3 Suites and 4 day trip.
Location is perfect to the lake. The facilities are pefect. The spa and indoor pool were all used by the group and I couldn't fault anything.
The breakfast was spot on. One night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was better than many meals we've had around the world.
Staff so caring and the fact it's still family run, with attentive caring staff and with an Italian feel but in a homely chic way made for an absolutly perfect stay.
I'd love to go back. This was my second time so really need to see some other lakes or locations, but a hotel I would recommend to anyone with or without children, with or without pets.
Just a perfect break.

Room tip: All rooms on the new wing are the same and great, clean, tidy and with lovely balconies and lovely decor.
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Enjoyed 4 nights in a junior suite on the 3rd floor. All the staff very helpful and friendly. Our room had everything we needed, was quiet and with comfortable chairs on the balcony. Unable to see the lake due to trees but its only 1 minute walk away. Breakfast plentiful, wide choice with attentive staff and option to sit outside under the veranda. Outdoor pool was clean and we often had it to ourselves. Perfect for relaxing with a drink or doing a few lengths. Hotel situated very close to the start of the walk up Garda Rocca. Well worth the 30min strenuous hike up to appreciate the views over the town. Wifi was free throughout for our stay. Initially a little frustrating getting access especially in our room but this significantly improved after a day.
We would happily return anytime.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2015

My daughter and I spent 3 nights in this lovely independent family-run hotel (celebrating 50 years in the same family this year) earlier this month. It greatly surpassed our expectations (which were already quite high!). It is in a wonderful position on the lake in Garda, with the town and restaurants a few minutes away, the lake 30 seconds away and the bus station 2 minutes away. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a lake view room (which I shall book next time I go), and it had a large verandah with loungers and a sun umbrella on it, with beautiful roses scrambling over the balustrades, and a to-die-for view through the trees to the lake close by. The staff were a delight--nothing was too much trouble, and you felt they really wanted you to enjoy yourself and have a good experience. The fantastic breakfast (huge bowls of various fresh fruits, including strawberries, a variety of breads, cold meats, delicious cheeses, hot food and pastries) is served in such a pretty dining room with frescoes on the walls, and a lovely area almost in the garden, with abundant flowers and birds. There is a huge outdoor pool set in lovely gardens where we swam and lounged. The hotel has bikes to hire for only 6 euros a day, which even occasional cyclists can enjoy with the great cycle tracks along the edge of the lake.
This hotel has great karma. Garda is a lovely town with easy (and cheap) buses up and down the lake, and frequent ferries along the lake too. I shall definitely return!

2  Thank callunaj