We have just spent 4 nights at this hotel for a 'big' birthday and had a wonderful time. The hotel is situated in Garda, one of the prettier towns around the lake (middle on the East side). Our hotel was literally a 2 minute walk to the promenade where there were lots of restaurants and shops. It should be noted however that travelling in March not many of the restaurants are open at this time so you will not have the full choice as you do in summer months. Luckily I had read this from previous reviews but it is worth noting as it can be disappointing and quite quiet..although we didn;t mind that so much.
We stayed in the deluxe double with lake view, although with the trees in front you couldn't see much of the lake. The room was a good size, with sofa area and large bathroom with two sinks so no complaints there. (room 336). The walls were surprisingly thin however, and for the first couple of nights we were disturbed periodically by a family with a young child next door. I am not sure if they were particularly noisy or if the sound insulation just wasn't up to the job. The last two nights were nice and quiet and the beds were comfy so we had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was included with the room rate and had a variety of hot and cold options. Staff were very friendly. We also enjoyed a meal in the restaurant one night and it was lovely. Vito made us feel very welcome and we wished we had eaten there more during our stay. Parking is free although there are not too many spaces and it can be a bit tight to reverse out of a space if cars are behind you. In season it may be difficult to find a space but we didn't have a problem.
Afternoon tea and cakes are provided between 4-5 every day which was a nice touch. Only problem was making the time to be there for them!
Would certainly recommend and would visit again when the weather is perhaps a bit warmer and more places are open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda, Italy