My wife and I stayed for one week from the 27th of July and couldn't have been more impressed. We had stayed over in Verona for one night prior and caught the bus down to Garda the next morning. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the bus station, 5 minutes from the ferry port and the same from the bars and restaurants. It looked further on the maps when we were planning but it really is the perfect distance from everything.
We arrived around 10am Sunday morning and although check in is not till 2pm I believe, the receptionist was very helpful and arranged to have our room ready within the hour. We had decided to pick a standard room as we didn't intend on spending any time in the room really, especially with the lovely pool area to lounge around. The room was very nice, wonderfully clean and although it was on the small side (which we knew), it served our purpose well. Without the pool area we would have gone for a room with a balcony.
Normally we wouldn't go Half-Board but as the cost difference was relatively small we figured we'd give it ago. Most nights it's a four course menu with a salad buffet, starter, main and dessert buffet but they did have one night which was a 7 course taster menu - interesting. The food is simply out of this world. Amazing flavours, great portion size and a good selection to choose from. I would heartily recommend you eat at the hotel at least once. We ate in every night and were not disappointed once. The service is sublime. The Maitre d', Vito and his group of waitresses are incredibly effiecient, friendly and helpful. I don't think I could praise them highly enough. Also, don't miss afternoon tea between 4 and 5 pm. They put out tea and coffe making facilities and a selection of cakes/biscuits. The drinks prices were very reasonable for a hotel as well.
Breakfast on the terrace was also a nice experience. There's a good selection of cereals, fruit, yogurts and a small amount of cooked items.
Check out was easy which is always good. They even have a courtesy bathroom you can use which has a shower.
Overall I can see why this hotel is Number 1 in Garda. It's an absolute gem and if we ever head back that way I'll have no hesitation in staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Hotel Excelsior Le Terraze opened on the 1st of May, after six months of refurbishing. We have created larger and brighter rooms. Completely soundproofed with high levels of comfort and safety. The restaurant welcomes you in a relaxing and elegant ambiance with high levels of service. Rooms with air-conditioning, minibar, safe, coffee-making facilities, SAT TV, hair dryer. Balconies available. We offer standard, superior and deluxe rooms. Swimming pool with whirlpool, terraces overlooking the lake. Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Excelsior le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Hotel
- Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda
- Hotel Excelsior Le Terrazze Garda, Lake Garda, Italy