“Incredible!”
Review of Bellariva Hotel

Bellariva Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Gardone Riviera
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Our first stay in Italy!!!! Very attuned to the needs of their guests. We appreciated the small and intimate nature of this hotel and the beautiful setting on the lake. They provided wine tasting tickets in Salo which was a nice extra. The market in Salo was a huge disappointment -- everything there was so cheap... Like an American flea market! back to Bella Riva... We loved their breakfasts and service.... A must stay!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Rooms - very modern, lovely bathrooms
Hotel - modern
Service - very good, they remember who you are as its a smaller boutique hotel
Food - breakfast was mainly buffet but large selection, good quality and because its a smaller hotel, its not a free for all at the buffet. Lunchtime and evening food is good standard - just a shame its not more Italian but seems to be case with most hotels catering for international guests.
Clientele - mainly German and English sophisticated guests.
Parking - plenty available at the hotel
Location - Its a nice place to be on the Gardone Riviera - recommend if you are coming to Garda. Its about a 10 min walk to boat service at Modena. Road noise - you will get this at any of the hotels along here so never really was an issue.
Reason for 4 out of 5 - room a little dark with not much of a lake view and food although good quality, was not really italian.
Overall though, I am an experienced traveller mainly staying at 5 star hotels and this is an excellent option for Lake Garda

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Harris100
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

We have just had the most wonderful time here, even with our 6 month old baby we felt very comfortable and looked after.
The hotel is simply gorgeous - very quirky & boutique in the styling with brilliant 5 star attention to detail.
My only horror was a beauty appointment that I booked with them.
I had a mani & pedi & was taken to see the visiting beautician in one of the spare guest rooms. All was ok until I realised I had the most incompetent beautician I have ever experienced - after soaking my feet in a tiny dish bowl, she started to scrape my foot & after feeling a sharp pain I looked at my sole & she had stabbed a hole in the bottom and it was bleeding hard - she hadn't mentioned anything & carried on as normal - I felt as though she had stood in for a friend & wasn't properly trained. I'm still limping 3 days later ;(
I mentioned to the hotel that I had been hurt but Im not sure it was properly understood as I was still charged 130euros for the privelege.

In short, amazing hotel - just don't get your beauty treatments here

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank happyendings
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Bella Riva is the new incarnation of an old hotel; everything has been changed and upgraded. Lakeside location is phenomenal, infinity pool delightful, Enzo (the bartender) is creative and talented. The food is excellent. Try local wines, particularly the Gropello. Walk along the lakefront to Maderna for a chance to sample tourist life. . . Shop at the Saturday Market in Salo -- bargains galore and one vendor of freshly-found black truffles. The hotel staff is extremely helpful. Guests are from everywhere (very small percentage of Americans). A delightful place to stay for a short break or even a family holiday.

Room Tip: If you choose an apartment in the annex, you pay less for more space and comfort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tnsc
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Just returned from a week at Bella Riva. Beautiful hotel, we really enjoyed the space around the hotel - not boxed in like most on Italian lakes. Room excellent (301) but I know some experienced noise problems elsewhere (close to road etc). Room spotlessly clean and beautifully designed. Breakfast on terrace very relaxed. Staff really helpful and friendly. Pool area excellent. Only downside is a bit far to walk to other restaurants and ferries, etc. but we had a car so could travel easily. Hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room so away from road.
1  Thank LoveEverywhere
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed with friends and family for 3 days at the Bella Riva. we are regular visitors to this part of lake garda and finally got around to staying here. The hotel is small (approx 22 rooms) in a beautiful lake front villa. No expense spared on the decor both inside and the common areas and the bedrooms are spacious with really top bathrooms / fittings. Big TVS with sky etc. Free parking and Internet. All staff excellent
Breakfast is outstanding with fantastic fresh fruits, pastries, cold meats, cheeses etc with omlettes / eggs cooked to order.
Beautiful bar overlooking the lake with decent barmen all capable of making proper cocktails and excellent Bellinis. We had lunch and dinner in the hotel and the food is very very good.

Spacious gardens which are maturing with a large but not very deep pool. There is pool service provided as the hotel is circa 50 metres away. Swimming in the lake is possible via steps and the public lake boardwalk. The busy road is just above the gardens so there is a lot of traffic noise which I found annoying for the first day or two.
All in all a really good hotel - I would say a brilliant hotel in the evening - pity about the pool size / depth and road noise - which will improve once the gardens mature

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the lake front rooms , 301 and 302 are really gorgeous.
4  Thank martin w
Reviewed 13 July 2012

But I rounded up. We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. As I type this from the lobby overlooking the stunning lake, I feel like I am living the good life. The hotel has a small hotel charm an intimacy that some of the larger hotels can't match. But it also adds to the quirkiness. When one waitstaff is sick for instance, the service by the pool slows to a crawl. Service here in general is friendly and sweet but just not at an international five star level.

We stayed in the apartment room. A very good value since are traveling with my son too and was able to close the door from the bedroom into the living room where the sofabed had been turned into a full on double bed.

If I were to stay here again I'd stay in the main building. We asked if we could get bathrobes for our room and they let us know that only the main house comes with robes. The apartments do not. When we checked in and were being shown the apartment they asked that we not use the built in kitchen there. We had not paid for that option apparently!

But the reason to come here is the stunning location. The pool is fantastic and it's just not possible to get any closer to the water from the pool. The breakfast here is wonderful and was included in our rate.

All in all, a very nice small hotel with a charming staff who is vested in your good time. Highly recommended.

3  Thank cyberdoggie
#16 of 67 in Sirmione
Hotel Villa del Sogno
Hotel Villa del Sogno
#8 of 19 in Gardone Riviera

Been to Bellariva Hotel? Share your experiences!