“Italian Style”
Review of Bellariva Hotel

Bellariva Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Gardone Riviera
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Bella Riva in June 2014 and would commend it to anyone. The rates are quite expensive, but on balance are probably proportionate to the other hotels in this region.
The service and staff could not be faulted and there is a friendly welcoming atmosphere in the hotel.
It is an ideal destination for honeymoon couples, but I still couldn't be persuaded.
The rooms are well appointed and I am told they all have a Lake view, although I think some may be slightly restricted.
Our room was mid range and had a wonderful balcony with a view of the extensive and well kept gardens and also of the Lake. The only thing the room really lacked was a full length mirror; not for me you understand - the less I see of my visage the better - but for she who must be obeyed. A visual check of ones outfit involved standing on tippy toes and locking in the bathroom mirror.
But hey, if that's all there was to moan about then they did pretty well in my opinion.
As others have commented the breakfasts were outstanding, however we didn't sample dinner or lunch. From what I saw these were equally as good.
In terms of location it is pretty ideal and has a large plot including plenty of parking space (which is very unusual on Lake Garda) and a beautiful pool.
If you are going to Lake Garda then the Bella Riva should be top of the list.
Oh, one last thing; the beds are superb. I slept like a King.

Room Tip: All have a Lake view but one or two of the larger suites may have restricted views.
There are newer reviews for Bellariva Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Hotel Bella Riva was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. My family travels a great deal and i travel extensively for business. The service level was spectacular- too many instances to note- but the most exceptional was the lovely manager procuring us tickets to a sold out concert at the last minute (Paolo Conti at the Il Vittoriale amphitheater- another must visit- seeing a concert overlooking Lake Garda is breathtaking). They arranged for a boat trip on the lake and a beautiful luncheon. We are sort of visual freaks and the design of this hotel was so pleasing and well thought out. It inspired us for our own home. We were 2 families traveling together with 15 year old girls and they felt as welcomed and comfortable as we did. And the restaurant served wonderful grilled foods - a great antidote to the too many heavy, carb festival meals that we were having. I applaud the Manager, Andrea and his staff for their dedication and hard work. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends. (do get a room facing the lake, if you can manage- it does make a difference- and it is more quiet.) Marianne D

Room Tip: Facing the lake fully.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were welcomed by a smiling friendly lady who took us up to our big comfortable room with partial sea and garden view. Gorgeous modern style thru all the hotel…loved it:) Everything was of excellent quality, room, bathroom, service ... parking space. The breakfast gave us a great start to the day with views of the lake and first class food with a big range. Everywhere outdoors it was lovely, clean and delicious with a lovely pool area. We drove around to the nearby villages, and we undoubtedly agree that Gardone is the most amazing place. You must be prepared to walk as it is located some distance away from the city center and other restaurants, but you walk along a lovely.. almost park-like area. The receptionists was very helpful with suggestions for hiking tours and otherwise other attractions. Perfect getaway for couples where you can decide if you like an active or relaxing vacation. We`ll be back:)

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room overlooking the lake, but all rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for three nights from 11-14 June and had a great time.

On arrival at around 4pm, the staff were great and as it was our wedding anniversary, offered us a bottle of sparkling wine by the pool immediately. The room was nice, 101, with a decent side view of the lake from the balcony. Super bathroom and nice amenities.

The reception staff we great at answering questions about local restaurants, boat hire and plenty of other things. Contrary to a previous review, I found all the staff very friendly, especially the bar staff, who could not have done more... Canapés in the afternoon, plus lending me a corkscrew to take on a boat trip.

Breakfast was very nice and the egg selection tasty, especially the omelettes. I would only say it would be great to have bacon too, but there was plenty of other choice.

We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was very good. I had scallops and asparagus to start, followed by swordfish which were excellent.

The pool area is a great sun trap and lots of beds available. If anything it was too hot at 95 degrees! Swimming in the lake is warmer than the pool I found and perfectly safe.

On departure, we were given a complimentary bottle of the hotel's delicious branded olive oil.

It's a very relaxed setting, though a few 'posh' types here...maybe to be expected as the place is great and did not spoil the trip for us in any way.

Nearby, there are a couple of great restaurants. In Gardone, Agli Angeli is a traditional Italian place and the little village is very picturesque. We also ate at Pizza Nablus high on the hill...not walkable as it's steep and narrow, but the best pizza ever and only 6 Euros!

If you want to hire a motorboat, try Garda Yacht Charter in Maderno....nice boat and very reasonable...certainly a great way to see the lake.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Bella Riva.

Room Tip: I think most rooms have a lake view. We had 101 which was on the side, but two balconies with lake...
1  Thank jimbo2903
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This property is very well kept and the rooms are perfect. The standard of housekeeping is very high however they do not knock before entering your room and I was walked in on twice.
Breakfast is delicious and of a high quality for hotel standards with a nice selection of fresh pastries.
Dinner at the restaurant is an unpleasant/awkward experience. It is a very stiff environment and I could recommend some background music. The staff stand around staring at you with miserable looks on their faces. I do believe they need to be retrained in customer service or atleast pretend to enjoy their jobs. When you walk past staff on hotel grounds it is rare for them to greet you which is odd for a 5 star property.
All in all I had a great stay at this property and a beautiful trip to Lake Garda.. I was just put off by the attitude of most restaurant staff, and the stiff atmosphere in the restaurant.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is interesting and offers a lot in some areas that are definitely 5 star oriented but then it falls down in certain areas. There is a noise factor from the church bell which is acceptable, there is some road noise that dies down after 10 pm to a more than acceptable level. But the hotels staffing arrangements leave a lot to be desired and as such it really should rate in the 3-4 star range. The views are amazing, the pool is great and the room we have is / was excellent -- however the toilet leaked (was fixed quickly on reporting it) But what really is annoying is that we requested a iron just to take some suitcase creases out of our cloths -- we were advised that this is outside of hotel policy an it will cost 5 euros to iron a $5.00 T-shirt. I discussed this with the reception desk who said there was nothing they could do about. The next day my wife spoke to the desk and had to explain for a 5 star hotel (we travel very extensively) this was nonsense an we had never ever encountered this before - in my mind a 5 star hotel only gets its rating from looking after a guest requirements. The other issue that i have an cannot accept that they have a 5 star rating is management of waiters -- we had to cancel a snack order at the pool that comprised of a sandwich and chips -- we cancelled this after a 40 minute wait -- the excuse was there was a issue in the kitchen and that is fine but keep us informed we are not fools paying good money for such tardy service. The same happened with a a order for 2 beers it got lost and again I had to remind the staff. The front bar has amazing views and is a great reading area but again you want a drink you have to search for service then wait a long time to have the drink made available -- I am not been precious just confused as to the prices you pay and they are worth it for the views but the areas i have noted down really annoy me for a 5 star rating. I am still in the hotel till the 9th and am tired of talking to the front desk so management if u read these reports I am in room 205 as I always discuss my concerns with any hotel before taking to a public forum. Any complex has to be given its chance of remeding itself in direct discussion prior to TA postings which I have done. I am sure others will rave on about the great service which I am sure that they will receive however I can only note my experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
bellarivagardone, Direttore at Bellariva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Hilary and Carol,

it was a real pleasure to meet with you before your departure. I really want to thank you for your detail account of your experience that is definitely helping our organisation to improve the service level; I am quite sure that with feed back like yours( even if not to positive ) we can rise our product and service attitude to better satisfy our clients demands and request. All the staff reacted very positively to your remarks and now is approaching with a different demeanor guest request

thanks again and enjoy the rest of your Italian vacation

Andrea
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We visited this hotel for our mini moon, staying 5 nights. It was only the start of the season so the hotel was nice and quiet - very chilled.

The weather wasn't fab but we did get a couple of days where we could lay out by the pool. The pool area is very nice with lovely views of the lake and great bar service to your sun bed.

Rooms were very nice, maybe a little small but very well finished. The bathroom had under floor heating and very nice robes and molton brown. the only fault was that the rooms were warm and the air con not so good.

Breakfast was great, with a buffet and choice of cooked eggs, you could really fill up here!!

Over all, great place to go and really chill out. the surroundings of the lake are very relaxing which really adds to the hotel. would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#13 of 67 in Sirmione
Hotel Villa del Sogno
Hotel Villa del Sogno
#9 of 19 in Gardone Riviera

Been to Bellariva Hotel? Share your experiences!