Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Grande Hotel Gardone. This hotel is huge and dominates the water front at Gardone. The approach to the hotel from the road is far from glamerous and the reception area is dated. However the outlook at the back/lakeside of the hotel is lovely. The views across the lake from all the restuarants and bar areas is stunning and there is a lovely private promenade area running the whole length of the hotel where you can sit out and relax. The pool is small but adequate.
We had a lake side room with balcony which is a must as the road behind the hotel is very busy and noisey. The room was huge but the decor was unglamerous. The only downside was that our balcony view was slightly obscured by some large bushes which needed trimming back.
The restaurant and bar snacks are slightly over priced as are the drinks, especially bottles of water at the pool bar. The staff however are generally friendly and helpful but we did have trouble with the service at the bar in the evenings. Very attentive at first but then they tended to forget about you. We waited over 20 minutes for our bill one night before giving up and going to bed.
General I would say the hotel and Gardone itself is catered for and appeals to the older traveller. Although it is very pleasant and if you are looking for total relaxation then this is the place to come.
Watch out for the addtional charges for parking and WiFi access. Also although the ferry terminal is right next to the hotel, which is handy, we didnt find anywhere to rent a speed boat or have a speed boat trip in Gardone itself. We had to travel to neighbouring Salo for this which is much bigger with great shops and restuarants and a marina (ie much more going on).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy