We stayed at the Grand hotel at the beginning of October 2013. From the moment we stepped foot into the foyer we were made very welcome by the English speaking receptionists and porters. Check-in was easy and we were then taken to our 4th floor room. It was spacious spotlessly clean with a large bathroom. As it was late at night when we arrived we had to wait until the morning to venture out onto our balcony. We had a great view of the lake and although it was small it was adequate with a small table and 2 chairs. Our room (411) was quite a way from the dining room but it suited us because it was quiet at night. Breakfast was superb everything from fresh fruit, good selection of cereals, hot food (eggs cooked on the verandah however you wanted them). The waiters were extremely polite and helpful, you could sit anywhere for breakfast but were given a designated table for dinner. Dinner was 3 courses with a salad bar of which you could have as much as you wanted. The meals were well cooked and nicely presented and the buffet desert table was to die for, there must have been at least 20 to choose from and all delicious. The location was excellent as the boats ran from outside the hotel. Beware though they are quite expensive (28 euros each for a day ticket). The information office was next to the hotel so we arranged a trip to Verona by bus and train which the young lady organised all the tickets and times for us, cost 20 euros for both of us. Local buses run quite frequently from outside the front of the hotel but you have to remember to validate your ticket on the bus and also train tickets on the station. Although the weather was not very good were able to go out every day either on the ferry or on the bus. The only criticism we have of this hotel is that the drinks were expensive, we had a pot of tea while we were waiting for our transport to take us back to the airport and it was 12 euros. All in all an excellent holiday and would recommend this hotel to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy