We have never written a hotel review before but the Grand at Gardone must be the exception to our rule.
The position on the edge of Lake Garda with its extensive private waterfront is superb - quiet and relaxing. Yes ferries do occasionally stop at the small jetty at the end of the complex but they do not intrude upon the tranquillity - in fact they are an asset to the guests, enabling them to visit/explore all parts of the beautiful lake from their doorstep.
The staff are excellent, always available but unobtrusive - nothing is too much trouble. All rooms overlook the lake and its splendid views - some with balcony and some with vintage bougainvillea, even up to the 3rd or 4th floors. The rooms are all impeccable and spacious.
The large dining room is resplendent with silver service, including the veranda dining area which we always prefer. The food is exceptional - first course and main course professionally served, with an optional salad break in between. But then the deserts - I counted 20 mouth-wateringly dishes from which you serve yourself - heaven!
My wife and I have been travelling to this 'oasis' by car annually for almost 12 years. This surely says it all regarding our satisfaction - and we hope yours.
For 4 stars, read 5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in all the public rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera Lake Garda, Italy