Built in the 1890's, the Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera oozed with old world charm in the lobby and public areas. Churchill stayed here and no wonder. Our lake view room was large with a balcony big enough for a bistro table and chairs. The breakfast buffet had a large assortment of food and could be eaten inside or under a covered patio overlooking the lake. The Staff were knowledgeable and very helpful. The hotel's location was perfect. It is located right next door to a small center with a pharmacy, the ferry, a few shops, a number of restaurants and an excellent tourist center with lots of materials for exploring the lake. Gardone Rivera itself is located opposite snow covered mountains so the view is gorgeous; it is 10 minutes from Salo and Desenzano (lovely walkable towns to the South) and Madeno to the North. Riva del Garda is about 1 1/2 hours away; traffic can be horrible on the two lane road but the drive is quite beautiful with it's many tunnels and small towns. The only downsides to the Grand Hotel is that wi fi is only in the lobby and public rooms and there was no air conditioning because the prior week was cool. This is definitely a place to come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy