The hotel is situated right by Lake Garda and the views are sensational - a lake view room is essential.
The hotel is a throw back to earlier elegant times and none the worse for that. Our lake view room on the 3rd floor was large with two sets of double doors opening out to the balcony, the bed was also massive. The room/bathroom was immaculately maintained, clean towels were provided every day, indeed each day around 5 oclock we were asked if we needed further towels.
The food at both breakfast and the evening meal was excellent. You were allocated a table for the evening meal and you nominate whether this was inside or outside on the terrace - at breakfast you sat were you liked. All the waiting staff were efficient, friendly and immaculately turned out - the head waiter was helpful in providing advice about the local wines.
As other contributors have commented the price of drinks and additional snacks was on the expensive side and were they reduced a little I'm sure more people would use the hotel bar. This was the only reason I didn't give the hotel the full 5 star rating. The are however some nice little local restaurants/bars in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.
Would have no difficulty recommending the Grand Hotel particularly if you like some old style luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy