We first learnt of the Grand Hotel from 2 friends who have themselves been repeat visitors a total of 5 times to this establishment. We are eternally grateful to them for introducing us to this wonderful hotel. This was our second visit and it proved just as magical as the first.
We cannot speak too highly of all of the staff, who were friendly, courteous, efficient, very professional and most welcoming. They all helped to make our visit near perfect. The food was delicious, the menu varied, the cocktails and wine, whilst a trifle expensive, was very palatable.
Whilst we acknowledge that parts of the hotel are a trifle dated in appearance, this adds to both its character and charm. We booked a Junior Suite and was given one on the 3rd floor in the old part of the building. Despite its creaky wooden floor and dated furniture, it had the most spectacular lake views and quiet surroundings.
Finally, the location of the Hotel is absolutely superb being on the waterfront, south facing and it is a moments walk to catch one of the many boats that call into Gardonne Riviera. Who could ask for more?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1884 as the first hotel on Lake Garda, the Grand Hotel Gardone testifies the elegance and style of an era. The view of the lake is majestic and very picturesque, and becomes even more impressive with the ever changing light, sun and shades during the day and night. The hotel has 167 bedrooms and Jr. Suites with balcony, offering every comfort with a splendid view of the lake. Refined cuisine with local specialities can be enjoyed at a candlelight à la carte dinner on the terrace restaurant “Il Giardino dei Limoni” by the pool. The menu of the day is served at the lakeside restaurant with veranda, while at the pool snack bar you can have a quick informal lunch. The Winnie's Piano Bar offers the opportunity for a drink and dance after dinner. There is a private beach, a solarium terrace along the lake, heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath, massage and beauty parlour, jetty for motorboats, internet points and Wi-fi in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Gardone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Gardone Riviera
- Gardone Riviera Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Gardone Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy