visited the hotel with my husband early July stayed there for 2 nights as one of the legs on our trip to celebrate our 5'th wedding anniversary.
The concept of the villa is very charming and cozy at the same time it does not lack luxury and class yet there's some shortfalls, below are my pros and cons
- Location is excellent, if you have a car it's very close to Salo which is a very nice town to spend the evening in.
- The property is lovely, old but well maintained, the view from the terrace is unreal so is the pool.
- Food in general is very good, the breakfast buffet is a bit limited but the quality of the items are excellent.
- The service in general is good and non-intrusive.
- We ended up staying at the Loggia Junior Suite which is beyond expectations, huge terrace and lovely authentic furniture.
- We origionaly booked a Superior Double Room with private terrace with lake view, for a daily rate of Euro 420,00. the photo of the room on the website is nice yet in reality the room is ugly even the less ecpensive rooms are nicer. upon check in we exlained to the reception desk that the room is not up to the standard we expected or to the amount of money we are paying, they offered to move us to a higher category room and while we expected to get a free upgarde since we were celebrating our anniversay (which is a common practice with prime hotels if upgrades are available) but anyway we had to pay the diffrence (i have to say though that they gave us a discount on the room there and then).
- Although the front desk employees are extreemly nice and curtiousyet they don't provide you any info about activities and events happening in the areas close by unless you ask about specific events! (no dedicated real conceirge service)
- An important note in my point of view would be the age group of the crowd visiting the hotel, i have to say that we were the only young couple there surronded by grandparents!
Overall, I would visit this hotel again if i need to go to lake garda but I wont book the Superior Double Room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa del Sogno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Del Sogno
- Del Sogno Hotel
- Hotel Villa Del Sogno Lake Garda/Gardone Riviera, Italy