“No idea why this rates 2nd”

Ristorante Pizzeria Nablus
Price range: US$19 - US$56
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on a hill in the village of Supiane, overlooking Lake Garda from an unrivaled location.The kitchen offers dishes cooked with valuable raw material and a value for reasonable price.The pizza naturally leavened with yeast regenerated from us three times a day, it is high, fragrant and very digestible.The self-produced fresh pastries, desserts, ice cream and sorbets complement the wide selection that we have proposed.
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Maybe we hit a bad evening, but I objected to the chef posing and chatting at neighbouring tables while serving us raw steak and soggy pizza. To date have dined at several restaurants in the area and have largely agreed with all the reviews but really do not get why this one scores highly. In fairness they reduced the bill when we complained about the raw steak but I would rather the food had been good and I hadn't shared the restaurant with lap dogs and tattooed local youth

10  Thank Liz H
Zeno07, Proprietario at Ristorante Pizzeria Nablus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear lady, I reply personally. We have served a rare meat when she had asked for medium rare. A recoverable error is not it?
Also because her husband without saying anything I have noticed (being in the room among customers not only to chat but to make sure that things slide in the right way) that cooking done by my colleagues (I do not work alone) was not that request. I immediately asked her if I could fix it, cooking it more or repeating the preparation, I have asked at least camerire that rid the TV and my wife who runs the room, and you have received an apology and discount.
We can not explain our position in the standings? Not sure I will explain it to him ..
obviously if the damage so annoyed the dogs (on leash and small) and young tattooed, we certainly do not speak the same language.

Regarding the pizza soggy ..... well, forget it, we do not have the same tools to discuss high-quality pizza.

He judged with 1 ball 2 with the atmosphere and the quality and price says it all.

I take this opportunity to inform those who do not know us (foreign tourists):
Ristorante Pizzeria Nablus is run by honest people, that some times make mistakes, that when they can remedied, that the customers are all welcome, for that claim infallibility need to spend much more than here.
Ps. we do not care about the rankings.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nablus isn't easy to get to, you must have a car and even then the drive is crazy! And you *must* book a table. But the view over the lake is worth the trip.

Our antipasti were large portions, the Parma delicious and the prawns really fresh followed by pizzas that were equally as good and filling. Sadly no room for pud that looked very tasty.

With wine and cover for EU50 represents good value to.

Will go back later in the week!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We drove up to Nablus, a nice restaurant with a gorgeous view over the lake. We had great pizza, as well as a lovely dessert (fresh pineapple with strawberries and meringue creme, and a white chocolate mousse with coconut). Would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We are the shores of Lake Garda and we are looking for a great pizza. The good folks at Hotel Fasano suggested Pizzeria Nablus. My IPhone GPS said that it was only 6/10 of a mile away (as the crow flies). It was actually about 4 miles up the hill from the hotel.
Nonetheless, it was worth the 15 Euro taxi drive.
Pizzas were outstanding, as was the roasted chicken. I even had a Salmon tartar starter that came with a small gin and tonic (go figure that one out).
The few was spectacular... one could probably see Verona from the restaurant.
I must "go back" to restaurant.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Nablus has a terrace with a world class view, over the south (or testicle end) for Lago de Garda. Watching the water blush pink, then darken and sparkle with the lights around the lake would have been enough, but we had a cracking meal too. I made a greedy choice having walked and climbed all day and needed filling up - so went with the tagliolini with shaved black truffles and it was superb; perfectly cooked, seasoning just right and the truffles just short of pungent. I followed this with a pizza with fresh asparagus and fine parma ham (the good stuff that melts in your mouth and you can read a Kindle through, if you are an untidy eater). This came a very close second to the pasta and would have warranted a hug for the chef. The house red was fresh, light and balanced my greedy selection perfectly. The prosecco was dry and good too. I will come back in a heart beat even if you don't.