Hotel Savoy Palace
Hotel Villa Capri(Gardone Riviera)
US$319
US$285
Hotels.com
Grand Hotel Gardone(Gardone Riviera)
US$331
US$295
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bellariva Hotel(Gardone Riviera)
US$466
US$452
Hotel Villa Sofia(Gardone Riviera)
US$197
US$191
Hotel Bellevue(Gardone Riviera)
US$150
Grand Hotel Fasano(Gardone Riviera)
US$454
US$315
Hotel Villa del Sogno(Gardone Riviera)
US$282
Hotel Colomber(Gardone Riviera)
US$103
US$99
Hotel Villa Florida(Gardone Riviera)
US$224
US$219
US$213
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely hotellake viewrail journeybuffet style breakfastreception staffferry terminalsmall promenadelovely poolrestaurant staffheller gardensdeluxe roomswimming pool istour operatorhead waiterbeautiful roomsmall resortriva del garda
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Overall the hotel did not meet our expections.
To start positively, our room (deluxe room) was nice and clean, for italian standards relatively big.
Don't be shocked when you arrive there for the first time, since the hotel's street front looks so different to the attractive lake side front (which are the photos you know from brochures and from the internet).
The staff was by no means friendly. There is no athomosphere whatsoever! We arrived after a long journey and were looking forward to a nice dinner. Not knowing, that the restaurant service starts at 19:30, we entered the (empty) restaurant probably 3-5 minutes earlier. One of the staff complemented us out although we were not disturbing any preparation works (in fact nobody was busy). What a welcome!
Breakfast (buffett) is just ok. You are being asked whether you like coffee or tea. Their coffee is not what you expect in Italy, it is simply not good. Don't drink it with milk, unless you have plans to give up drinking coffee. On our 3rd day we found out, that they also have cappuccino.
Although the hotel has a lounge (close to the check-in), you must be lucky to find some service there. The hotel also has a nice terrace overlooking the western shores of the Lago di Garda, however: again no service there. Occassionally we saw some staff there making a break and enjoying a cigarette.
On our first full day we discovered the neighbourhood ending up in a wonderful old fashioned hotel close by (5 minutes walk). The hotel is called Grand Hotel, has 4 stars as well, but incredible differences in quality. End of the story: we had all subsequent dinners at this wonderful place.
Guess what we will be doing when we travel to Lago di Garda again?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EssenbachBayern
carpe69, Owner at Hotel Savoy Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for placing your view on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very helpful to understand our failures in order to improve our service.
I can assure you that friendliness and cordiality are a very high priority and I am very sorry you were not treated in a polite way by some of our staff.
At breakfast we offer a wide range of bread, cereals, croissants, cakes, scrambled and cooked eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, fruit salad, etc., but nevertheless, we will improve the choice at the breakfast buffet next year when the hotel will re-open for summer season. Hot drinks we serve at breakfast are obviously all kind of Italian coffees including cappuccino, espresso, latte macchiato, caffè macchiato, etc.
I can guarantee a high quality of food during dinner meals and the kitchen staff usually receives a lot of compliments by our hotel guests.
During the day drinks and snacks are served at the bar at the swimming pool, in the evening at our lounge bar at the reception or on the terrace.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at the Savoy Palace to show you what service we are able to offer.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

I stayed here with my daughter. It was the first time I'd travelled alone with her and I was a little apprehensive prior to the trip. However, I soon established that this area was very safe and we both felt comfortable going out alone both during the day and late in the evening.

The hotel staff were very helpful. Even prior to my arrival, I emailed them to ask for directions and, when they explained the long journey to me, I decided I would opt for a private transfer which they were happy to arrange for me (at a cheaper price than the prices I'd been quoted when I tried to book the transfer myself.)

Everything was lovely but my only critisism would be that my room was on the "roadside" rather than overlooking the lake. I didn't mind about the view but what did cause a problem was the noise from the passing traffic. The hotel is situated on a main road with traffic going up and down 24hrs a day. Our window was just a few feet away from the traffic and the noise meant that I didn't have a decent nights sleep the whole time we were there.

If you are lucky enough to get a room overlooking the lake, then you won't have a problem as this is far enough away from the traffic not to be a disturbance.

It's a shame that the hotel did not offer the option to stay all inclusive - they served really nice meals but they were a bit pricy. We stayed B&B - the breakfast was very nice.

There's a small supermarket about 5 minutes walk away from the hotel - stock up your minibar with drinks from the supermarket rather than pay hotel prices for the drinks.

There are plenty of really nice restaurants close by and also the ferry to take you to other parts of the lake is only about 5 mins walk from the hotel.

I would go back but would request a room overlooking the lake next time to avoid the sleepness nights.

One other critisism - the daily room clean was only a tidy-up and opportuity to leave fresh towels. The bath was not cleaned nor was the floor hoovered for the whole duration of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake. You'll get stunning views and you'll also get a better nights sleep away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Register2010

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the comment you left on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Savoy Palace, although you did not like your room very much. We have only few rooms on the street side that we obviously have to use when the hotel is very busy. I can assure you that we have very helpful Reception staff who tries to change rooms every time guests are not happy with it. In any case you might make an accordance directly in case of a next booking.

Our hotel does not offer an “all-inclusive” option, but half board can be booked at a very reasonable price that is not expensive if you consider the high quality of food we offer.

I look forward to welcoming you again at the Savoy Palace!

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed for 7 days from 5th July and were surprised how peaceful Gardone Riviera was for the time of year (certainly compared with the crowded resorts at Garda and Sirmione that we visited by boat). The Savoy Palace is well placed - three minutes to the boat station and pick up point for the circular mini-train (which takes you to the places of interest in Gardone, the Vittoriale Park and Botanical Gardens). The hotel is very comfortable - dining pool side very pleasent, the food excellent (at least to our taste and not overbearingly too much), and good service. The pool area for lounging is perhaps a bit cramped for anyone staying poolside all day and the view of the lake is obstructed by the garden hedge, but otherwise this facility is fine.

We travelled by car and a trip to Lake Idro and Valestino in the hills behind is recommended

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake probably best at upper floors - above third
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edwin75

Dear Edwin,

thank you very much for the nice comment you placed on Tripadvisor. I am glad you spent a nice holiday in Gardone Riviera at the Savoy Palace and look forward to welcoming you again in our beautiful area!

Reviewed 4 July 2011

A large but very grand hotel that was fairly quiet when we visited for a week during May. We had booked a lake view room however this was upgraded to a superior room with a balcony (presumably because there were not many people in the hotel).

The view over the lake was amazing and there was a nice selection of pizzerias on the waterfront just moments from the hotel. During our stay we paid for underground parking €10 / day which allowed us to easly visit the larger towns to the south and north (Riva was my personal favourite but watch out for the tiny mountain roads along the way!)

The only concern we had during our visit that being a small town in comparision to some of the others we found that there were few boats that stopped at Gardone Riviera so day trips had to be well planned out. (This may change in the middle of the season)

Higly recommended hotel as this is away from the hustle and bustle of the larger tourist towns, extremly beautiful surroundingsand one of the few hotels that has a pool (perfect for relaxing after a day of visiting local towns.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank matt404

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday at the Savoy Palace and that you had the opportunity to discover some nice places on lake Garda. I look forward to welcoming you again in this beautiful area!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

This hotel is located on the road that circles Lago di Garda at Gardone Riviera, which is on the western-side of the Lake. It's a wonderfully oppulent locale and just being there is a pleasant experience. The hotel is fairly large and is located right at the lake for beautiful views and you can have an evening aperitif on a rooftop overlooking the lake for a beautiful view. Although the breakfast is not exceptional, it is satisfying and you can enjoy it at the poolside tables on a nice day for a very pleasant experience. The room we had was large and comfortable and had a small balcony on which two people can sit and enjoy the view of the lake. Rooms with larger balconies are available for more than enough space for two lounge-chairs, if that's an important consideration. All in all, this is a very fine Europen-style hotel where the staff does aim to please..

Room Tip: Wide variety of rooms available.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Avrumeleh B

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the lovely comment you placed on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you spent a nice time at the Savoy Palace.

At breakfast we offer a wide range of bread, cereals, croissants, cakes, scrambled and cooked eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, fruit salad, etc., but nevertheless with the re-opening next summer season we will improve the choice of our breakfast buffet.
Thank you very much for your nice compliment about the staff’s friendliness - it is our priority to be always polite and helpful.