Grand Hotel Fasano
Hotel Villa Sofia(Gardone Riviera)
US$150
US$146
Hotels.com
Hotel Villa Capri(Gardone Riviera)
US$181
US$177
Hotel Villa del Sogno(Gardone Riviera)
US$362
Hotel Bellevue(Gardone Riviera)
US$146
Hotel Savoy Palace(Gardone Riviera)
US$156
Hotel Colomber(Gardone Riviera)
US$107
US$103
US$173
Grand Hotel Gardone(Gardone Riviera)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Florida(Gardone Riviera)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshead conciergeindoor poolaveda productsgreat spalake gardaconnecting tunnelcasual restaurantfive star hotelspa treatmentshot and cold foodromantic getawaygorgeous hotelbreakfast buffet isbeautiful surroundingsour honeymoona lake view roomprivate garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed for a week during last week of August 2011. We had exceptionally hot weather (about 40 degrees) which is great, but other than in our room, the lack of air conditioning in the common areas of the hotel did mean that there was no rest bite from the heat. Personally I would have preferred a few cooler areas, but that is my personal preference and not necessarily a criticism. The hotel itself, is very beautiful and it certainly is a relaxing retreat from the real world. All this comes at a price of course, but nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel in this class.

The staff, especially the more junior ones were very helpful, attentive and friendly. The hotel manager on the other hand, not so. I found some things very strange about this hotel. There are no irons in rooms, and you cannot get one. You have to use the ironing service. The discussion I had with the manager about this left me with a sour taste. I felt like I was being spoken down to (because i'm younger than him) and apparently I am the only person in the entire history of the hotel to ask for an iron. I'd suggest that i'm not, but more like ironing is a chance to squeeze a few extra euros out of me. On reflection, I'd agree with the manager 'it is a question of money' - it makes them look cheap, not me!

I also found the casual (for on the sun lounges) menu very strange. Unbelievably there is no option of a sandwich, and apparently it's impossible to make one!! Again, maybe it's just me, but i've never been to a hotel where I can't get a sandwich!!

Our Lake Side room was very pleasant, although our 'double' bed was actually two singles pushed together. Not very romantic! From what I saw walking past open doors, I would not want to stay with a mountain view room - they looked very small and dark!

They also don't take American Express, which is strange as I booked the holiday with my Amex travel service.

Overall, I'm left with mixed feelings about this hotel. Unquestionably a very beautiful, relaxing hotel. Small details like not being able to get an iron or sandwich or having to sit in reception to get wifi just let it down slightly and become magnified over the course of a week long stay. If they could sort these minor issues, it would be a perfect hotel. If they can't, I'm really not sure I would return, not for a week anyway.

Room Tip: Get lake side junior suite as a minimum for a decent room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is undoubtedly a beautiful hotel but there is no village centre in this area and the road is so busy it's not pleasant to walk the few kilometres to the adjacent villages. Rooms, breakfast and the lake are all excellent, but while we were there (4 nights in August) it was exclusively a german crowd, mostly 50 plus and a bit stern! The staff assume everyone is german, which when you are travelling to Italy is a bit off-putting. There were also large numbers of residents dogs staying int he hotel - they were very well-behaved but may be a problem for some people. In essence it felt like avery comfortable care home- not really what we were looking for!!

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank Alybally
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Spent a very pleasurable 3 days in our beloved gardone Riviera with family (2 teenagers) and friends. We visit lake Garda every year but this was our first stay at the Fasano. I wouldnt say it is perfect, given it is quite expensive but there are many things to recommend such as the free parking on site, decent sun loungers, 3 direct access points to swim in the lake, a really great breakfast buffet and a very handy beach bag provided to each room for carrying sun creams, books, towels etc. We had two rooms in the recently renovated part of the hotel. Rooms are nice and fairly spacious with nice fittings and a decent balcony with perfect lake view. Bathrooms were Ok, not great and would have preferred a proper shower rather than the one that comes with a bath. Staff at front desk and concierge were very good, waiting and bar staff were a little hit or miss altho the staff at the pool and garden snack area were very good in particular Roberto.
The hotel has a pool which is small for the size of the hotel but we didnt use as we swam in the lake. It also has a very smart spa with some really nice steam rooms and saunas.
If ordering a gin and tonic, you need to ask for a bottle of tonic as they will use a dispenser otherwise and the tonic is flat.

Room Tip: always ask for bottle of tonic water for your G & T as the dispensed tonic is flat
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank martin w
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - after reading all the reviews - decided to book our 6 nights stay there. Jay, at reception was a great help with all the information we required for our time in Lake Garda....... our room was at the Villa Principe...... with direct access to a huge communal terrace - only disadvantages is we could not have the curtains opened if we were in the room.

Hotel is 1.5 km walk from where all the restaurants are located..... and also where the pier is to take all the ferry to other towns i.e. Sirmione, Garda, Salo or Bardalino. Good exercise after dinner every night to walk back to the hotel and walk off all the pasta consumed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linalou55
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed the stunning scenery and the luxury of the whole place. Beautifully clean, great food (which given the situation etc of the hotel wasn't overly expensive) and good service. As one reviewer previously mentioned the hotel is mostly frequented by German tourists and even some of the staff are German. It did get a little frustrating to be greeted by Guten Tag every morning by the cleaners and the restaurant staff but I guess most of their clients appreciate that. My husband had a massage in the Spa which he enjoyed althought we didn't use any of the other facilities. Overall a great place to relax whilst enjoying an amazing view of the lake,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple