“Great hotel with wonderful setting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hotel Fasano

Grand Hotel Fasano
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Gardone Riviera
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great hotel with wonderful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just spent a brief weekend at GHF and loved every minute of it. Firstly the setting is absolutely second to none, right on the banks of the lake with stunning gardens surrounding the entire hotel. Not to be missed is the restaurant in the garden, set underneath an enormous tree where we experienced a truly memorable meal with some great local wines. The hotel rooms were of a high standard, immaculately clean and well serviced.....but we have stayed in better rooms for 440 euro per night (lakeview room). Finally the staff. All were attentive, professional and nothing seemed too much trouble. A special mention goes to the head concierge Jay who couldn't do enough for us at any time of the day or night. He is a massive asset to the hotel team! A final note, be brave and go for a dip in the lake......its so clean & refreshing...you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baxter B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 6 nights here at the end of June and thought the hotel was fantastic. We stayed in a room in Villa Principe which is a smaller building right next to the main hotel. Our room was very spacious, comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. All staff were very attentive and helpful. The pool and sunbed area was vast with plenty of space overlooking the lake. Drinks were pretty pricey but came with a huge supply of delicious bar snacks. Food in both restaurants was great and you can easily walk to other good restaurants nearby of you want a change of scenery (we loved restaurant Casino). Definitely worth the money and we left feeling relaxed, stress-free and well and truly pampered.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LPlatt11
Aerdenhout, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for almost a week in this hotel. To summarize: if you do not like this hotel, you will not like it anywhere. Surely this is one of the nicest hotels on the Garda lake and very recommendable. The hotel has been renovated and features tastefully refurbished, big rooms. Bathrooms are not vey big but more than adequate. Preferably take a room on the second floor or upwards to enjoy the full view of the lake (view not restricted by the palm trees) from the balcony and the room itself. Terrace is nicely done, again with tasteful hardwoord furniture. Dinner in the Magnolia restaurant is good and wonderfully located under two very old magnolia trees. Dinner in the other restaurant is more pricy but not that much better; I'd stay with the Magnolia. Breakfast offers ample choice (e.g. fresh fruit, smoked salmon, various rolls and cereals etc.). Plenty of beds in the garden and swimming access to the lake as well as the pool (both in- and outdoor). Parking spaces available on both sides of the hotel. The staff really is very friendly, with special compliments to Jay and Stella - they go out of their way to make you feel at home. Probably not very suitable for families with young children - the general public was middle-aged and upwards. One of our family needed wheelchair access and this was ok (but no special handles in the bathroom).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank smit_luydert
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were blown away by our memorable stay here. It is expensive but I would personally rather pay that bit more for a unique & exceptional hotel, which this is, rather than something generic. It is only a 20 minute walk from the centre of town where there is a wide variety of restaurants.

My only constructive criticisms would be no conditioner in the showers, the bed was two beds pushed together (but still v comfortable) & the bar staff were sometimes quite slow in taking orders & serving drinks on the terrace in the evening. These didn't detract from our overall fantastic stay however, and I would definitely recommend his hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank marmiteandmerlot
germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

What a shame. This place could be fantastic if they had the right people running it. The hotel grounds are so beautiful - like out of a hollywood movie. The large terrace, facing the wonderful lake, as well as the lobby, is very elegant. The problem is that half the staff is down right rude. The first night (June 2014) I ate with my family on the terrace. The next evenining I was alone (female) and was ignored. As soon as a man entered the terrace, a waiter jumped to him. The gentleman told him he was just looking. I took the opportunity to say that I would like to be served. I had gotten the menue in the meantime myself. The waiter took a few minutes, then came to me. As I was giving my order the bar tender behind the waiter told me in a rude voice that this was a bar and I should go down to the Magnolia restaurant. When I said I didn't understand, I had eaten here yesterday, he said they only have certain hours in which they serve on the terrace. There was no indication of this on the menue!

Another disappointing experience was the concierge at the desk. I had asked him a question and while he was answering me, he started walking backwards away from me in order to attend to two ladies who had come, but were just looking, they didn't need attendance. Even if they had, I am used to concierges that attend to the first guest until all needs are met and do not create an atmosphere of hectic. Especially not when not much is going on.

My standard room, with a gorgeous lake side view, was extremely small and very simple.

The "gym" is basically non existent. Its one small room, open only upon request during 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Although most of the hotel, the garden and the view are spectacular, too many of the staff were so rude that we won't be staying here anymore.

Room Tip: You definitely need to get a lake side view. The street side is terribley loud. One probably should...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mariefabienne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We visited this amazing hotel for two nights at the beginning of May. It was a surprise visit for my now fiance as I had taken her there to propose.
Right from the off the hotel surpassed all expectations. I had contacted them previously saying that it was a special occasion and it was as if every member of staff knew about it - from being greated by Jay the concierge in the most professional and friendly manner to be given a superior room that in my opinion had the best view in the entire hotel. They provided us with a private car transfer from the hotel, and the driver like all the staff was extremely polite and again professional.
This hotel really is stunningly beautiful set directly on the lake. The little touches like a large birdcage through the foyer and the stunning marble fountain all add up to a level of extreme grandeur. Again this was reflected in our room which had a fantastic double height bathroom, beautiful original furniture and a wide balcany with an amazing view - my fiance was brought to tears, it really was just out of this world.
We had breakfast once on the balcony (something I will never forget) and once in the restaurant - both times were brilliant with a huge range of continental choices and probably the best boiled eggs I have ever had. We didnt eat in the resturant on either nights I am afraid, but if im honest, I fully expect this to be brilliant as well.
If you get chance, get one of the waiters to give you a gin masterclass - they are extremely passionate about it and will tell you all the history behind the ingredients. Its not the cheapest drink you will have, but well worth it.
We didnt get chance to use the Spa - I will be honest we enjoyed sitting outside on the extremely comfy seats soaking up the sun with a glass of presecco instead, but from what I did see it looked very very nice.
If there is a negative (and I am being extremely picky here) the king sized beds are two singles pushed together and you will fall down the gap. A hotel of this class should really sort this.
I proposed on the hotel's private jetty on our first evening there and I may be a bit biased towards the hotel due to it being such a memorable and wonderful trip, but even if we were visiting just for a holiday, I fully expect the hotel would have wowed us just as much and the staff would have been just as brilliant.
It is a place that I will always remember with extreme fondness - 5 stars on every single level. I cannot recommend this place enough. In a word....Perfect.

Room Tip: Request as high a room as possible on the lake side. Come all this way and not have a lake view is q...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stebbsy
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

WE were there the last weekend of the season. It was so lovely we met the owners and thier famililies and there was a super roving tasting party. Our room was super. The weather was cold cloudy and rainy but the still helps us take out the kayaks and gave us tips on things to see and do.

On note I would put more towels in the rooms

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#7 of 19 in Gardone Riviera
Palace Hotel Villa Cortine
Palace Hotel Villa Cortine
#17 of 69 in Sirmione

Been to Grand Hotel Fasano? Share your experiences!