Grand Hotel Fasano
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Villa del Sogno(Gardone Riviera)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa Capri(Gardone Riviera)
Hotel Bellevue(Gardone Riviera)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa Florida(Gardone Riviera)
Hotel Touring(Gardone Riviera)
Bellariva Hotel(Gardone Riviera)
View Hotel
La Maison Du Relax(Gardone Riviera)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Sofia(Gardone Riviera)
View Hotel
All reviewshead conciergeindoor poolaveda productsgreat spalake gardaconnecting tunnelcasual restaurantfive star hotelspa treatmentshot and cold foodromantic getawaygorgeous hotelbreakfast buffet isbeautiful surroundingsour honeymoona lake view roomprivate garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I stayed here with the whole family and it was fantastic. The hotel is an old one. It started on the beginning of the 20th century. Therefore there are plenty of antiquities all over. But the rooms are newly decorated, specially the ones in the old part of the hotel. The location is gorgeous, directly at the lake of Garda. A wonderful cultivated garden invites to sit there and relax. For colder days there is a beautiful indoor pool and several saunas, each with a different theme - all included in the price, which is therefore rather high. The breakfast buffet is mouthwatering with freshly cut fruits, sparkling wine, cakes.....I think this is the best hotel in the whole region. The staff could be a bit more personal. And the prices in the restaurant are high and the portions very small. But these are small handicaps.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Franzmarkus
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Myself and my wife booked a week in the Grand Hotel Fasano in May.

The hotel is in a stunning location over looking Lake Garda, this was the view that met us every morning from our balcony.

Our room was spacious and nicely furnished. The only problem was that our TV did not work and, despite numerous complaints to reception, was not fixed during the duration of our stay.

The gardens are beautiful and the spa in the hotel is stunning.

We ate in the hotel restaurent on our first night and were very disappointed- it was expensive and average at best. Breakfast each morning was excellent.

There are wonderful restaurents within 5 minutes of GHF, and it is a great base to explore the wonders of Lake Garda.

We througherly enjoyed the hotel- although it did not quite live up to its 5* billing.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mooners15
Reviewed 26 May 2008

The more unfriendly hotel we never been. Rude and unpolite staff, they did they best to make our stay horrible, delay check in the room, empty minibar, ridicuolos room furnitures, basic bathroom and terrible food ( example: I asked for melon and Parma Ham as was written in the menu and glass of wine. We wait 20 minutes for the service and the restaurant was almost empty. Then after we asked what happend to our food and drink they just reply ''we forget'', finally they served me instead of the Parma ham a cheap salty old ham. I complain to the waiter,he brought me a new dish with a real Parma ham, saying, "but the other was parma too!....". is a three star hotel (but I have been to nicer three stars - with a five star price. to avoid

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SusyPape
Reviewed 2 November 2007

We just stayed at the hotel for one night because it IS expensive. The hotel is very nice though, lovely room with great lake view. The sunbeds are way too expensive - 18 euro p.p for a sunbed and towel a day!!
We were om halfboard basis and the food was really great and staff and service was good.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Venton
Reviewed 24 July 2007

My beautiful girlfriend and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Fasano for eight nights in July 2007. Because BA cancelled our original flight to Verona, we arrived at the hotel at just after midnight; the hotel staff begrudgingly supplied a snack of bread, cheese and tomato with no other food choices available. We were keen to remain on the outdoor terrace, but they wanted to close the outdoor area so we were ushered into the indoor bar which is not a particularly pleasant place to hang out. We had booked a superior lake view room (the best room type available) but we were not at all impressed by it – small, average furnishings, the ancient TV didn’t work; not at all what you’d expect from the best room category at a 5* hotel). The following morning I complained about the room and was told that our original room was still being occupied by another guest who had extended his stay and didn’t want to relinquish his room. We were shown another room – similar furnishings to the previous one but much larger and on the ground floor, opening onto a small garden and the lake (again, equipped with a very old TV which didn’t work very well). We liked this room and switched to it.

We had originally planned to stay for seven nights but booked an extra night shortly before our visit. I was told at the time of booking that we would probably have to change rooms for the eighth night which was fair enough given the late booking. However, because of the inconvenience of changing rooms on the first morning of our stay, we were told that they had tried to find a room which we could stay in for the remainder of our stay (ie including the eighth night). When it came to the last day of our visit the manager/owner of the hotel got involved and things turned nasty; we didn’t want to switch rooms but they insisted we had to. When I reminded them of the conversation about not changing rooms for a second time, I was called a liar. I was told in no uncertain terms that if we hadn’t vacated the room by midday they would call the police. We had no choice but to move rooms again. The third room we occupied was again a superior lake view room but was very small, poor furnishings and with an even older TV with very poor picture quality.

This unpleasantness spoilt the end of our holiday. Furthermore, guests are encouraged to pay the bill by cash and receive a discount for so doing; the check out lady knew we were leaving the hotel to visit an ATM to get cash to settle the bill but after two hours of visiting several ATMs and several calls to my bank in England, we were told by the same hotel lady that Italian ATMs do not dispense more than €100-200 per customer per day because of fraud. Why didn’t she tell us this before we wasted two hours? In fairness she gave us the discount even though I had to pay by debit card.

Other relevant points: good buffet breakfasts; superb Aveda spa (newly built, a nice place to spend time); you have to reserve sun loungers and this can be a competitive exercise; you also have to pay for sun loungers (€6 per person per day) which I do not expect at a 5* hotel; the vast majority of hotel guests were German; wi-fi internet connection was free in the Spa and hotel reception, but internet connection was unavailable anywhere else.

Apart from the hotel owner and the unpleasantness on the last day and the room changing, overall I would say that we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. However, I wouldn’t class it as a 5* hotel (apart from the spa which is what you’d expect at a 5* property) and I don’t think we’d choose to visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple