“Disappointed ...”

Hilton Giardini Naxos
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Giardini Naxos
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a Diamond member and stayed here to use some of my points and enjoy a hotel on the beach during my holiday in Sicily. First and foremost, I was surprised to see how saturated the Giardini Naxos area was. I thought it would be much lower key and not quite as commercialized. Second, I am sad to say that this was the one of the most depressing Hilton properties I have stayed at. Normally, I find that Hilton Hotels abroad are always top-notch. Unfortunately, this was not the case with the Hilton Giardini Naxos. The rooms were tired, the service was sub-par and the breakfast was borderline inedible. We had several issues while we were there and found it difficult to get help from the hotel staff (e.g. the TV and A/C didn't work properly); in sum, it was a disappointment all around. It's rare that I post reviews on TA, but I felt compelled to since it the hotel was so sub-par. The bed was also lumpy and uncomfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank carolinaviajera
giovannimaccarrone, Direttore at Hilton Giardini Naxos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Mrs Carolina,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your stay experience at The Hilton Giardini Naxos, guest comments are considered an important tool in our process of quality/service improvements. ,
We are sorry to learn that you did not enjoyed your stay with us, we have taken good note of the issues you have pointed out and will investigate in order to see if there are ways of improve them.

Should you plan to come back to Sicily for business or leisure, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be glad to arrange all is needed for another special sojourn at the Hilton Naxos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed 5 days at Hilton Giardini Naxos with my family. The location is perfect as a home base for excursions throughout eastern Sicily. The neighborhood is less crowded than Taormina which is only 10 minutes away. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance, and some specialty shops. It is rare to have a view both of the sea and of a volcano (Mt. Etna) from one's room. The hotel service was exceptional; whatever I needed the staff was happy to help. Special thanks to Nunzia, and to the staff who kept our room clean and fresh everyday.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the mountain and the sea
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nenet I

Dear Mrs Nenet,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay experience at The Hilton Giardini Naxos, guest comments are considered an important tool in our process of quality/service improvements.
We are very pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed very much your stay and that we’ve met your needs and expectations and thank you very much for all the praise for our staff.

If you are planning to come back to Sicily for business or leisure, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be glad to arrange all is needed for another special sojourn at the Hilton Naxos.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just returned from five days in the Hilton. The rooms are large and beautifully furnished; we upgraded to a sea facing room (recommended), and the quality of sleep was excellent. The bathroom was modern, but only equipped with basic toiletries - shampoo, body lotion and soap. Unusual for a hotel of this standard - no slippers/shower cap/robes etc.
The Reception staff were extremely polite and helpful. The public areas were spotless and fresh flowers added a delightful aroma when entering the lobby.
The hotel is situated in Giardini Naxos, a twenty minute bus ride from Taormina (the bus stop is close to the hotel). There are plenty of restaurants and bars in close proximity - some with live Sicilian music.
As others mentioned, the extra charge for beach towels (2 Euro per towel) seems unnecessarily greedy when one thinks of the price of the room. This is the first time ever that we've had to pay for a towel to use at the pool - it's strictly forbidden to take the white towels from the room (so I suggest to bring a beach towel from home!).
All in all, a very pleasant stay which I have no hesitation in recommending (just bring your own beach towel!)

Room Tip: Upgrade to sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnjiA
giovannimaccarrone, Direttore at Hilton Giardini Naxos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay experience at The Hilton Giardini Naxos.
We are very pleased to learn that you and your husband enjoyed very much your stay and that we’ve meet your needs and expectations in terms of overall service and product.
At the same time we have taken note of some issues you have pointed out and will investigate in order to see if there are ways of improve them.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just got home from a FABULOUS vacation in Sicily. We made Giardini Naxos our base and stayed at the Hilton Giardini Naxos Hotel. This Hilton is marvelous with spacious, comfortable, spotlessly clean, and nicely decorated rooms. The entire staff was always courteous and very accommodating from check in through check out. We had a room with a balcony and comfortable beds on the 6th floor with a view of the ocean and Etna. It was wonderful to come home to each night after touring another area of Sicily. There is nothing lacking at this Hilton. They have a welcoming lobby with free internet access (there is a fee for access in the rooms), a beautiful garden, a private pool, a private beach (15 euro to rent an umbrella with 2 sun beds), a restaurant (there are also several other restaurants to choose from just outside the front door), a café, and the best gift shop in the world, run by Thea, who offers a large and lovely selection of Caltagirone ceramics as well as leather goods, toys, scarves, olive oil, wine, and other products made in Italy. This shop offered the best quality and well priced Caltagirone ceramics in Sicily. In addition, you can order pistachio cookies, torrone with almonds and pistachios, and almond cookies freshly made by the pastry chef to take home in a presentation box. I must say that the cookies and torrone are absolutely delicious. Our compliments are sincerely provided to the pastry chef. On Sundays, Russo, the restaurant manager and trained chef, provides free cooking demonstrations in the lobby. While we were there, he made a scrumptious pasta, swordfish, eggplant, tomato, and fennel dish that he very kindly reproduced for us in the restaurant at our request. Our compliments are also sincerely provided to Russo. Outside the hotel, there is a Euromarket grocery and general store located diagonally across the street as well as a pharmacy, clothing shop, and other stores within a block of the hotel. La Tortuga, a particularly good traditional Sicilian restaurant is located across the street. A 15 minute walk or 10 euro taxi ride will take you into the town of Giardini Naxos, passing the Ancient Garden on the way. There is a city bus that costs about 3 euro to go to Taormina (alternatively a 20 euro taxi ride) down the block from the Hilton.. The Catania airport is about 45 minutes away. We will definitely return to Sicily in the near future and when we do we will definitely be staying at the Hilton Giardini Naxos.

Room Tip: It's worth getting a beach view room with a balcony on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LeisureTraveler67

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your letting us know about your stay experience at The Hilton Giardini Naxos, guest comments are considered an important tool in our process of service improvements.

We are very pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed very much your stay and that we’ve meet your needs and expectations in terms of overall service and product.

We would like also to thank you both for the special praise for our employees,for the excellent customer service you received.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Giardini Naxos for 3 nights in May. I left another hotel as part of a tour group because there was no air conditioning. At the Hilton the air conditioning was good, and the room was quiet, spacious and clean. Front desk staff was very helpful, as I asked for an electric kettle, which they brought with no problem. I was able to rest well and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that in particular you have appreciated the quality of our rooms and cleanliness, the air conditioning system, and the efficiency of our staff.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

You know you're in a hotel with American management. Besides being a pricey hotel, it's 10€ A day for WiFi in your room. 15€ plus deposit for a bathrobe. 11€ for an in-room movie. Every time I turned around there were extra charges. Stayed two nights and was glad to leave. On the plus side, the staff was great.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors with ocean view,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank FionaWill
giovannimaccarrone, Direttore at Hilton Giardini Naxos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Ms Fiona,

We are very pleased to learn that you and your husband enjoyed our staff attitude and kindness at the same time we have taken note of some issues you have pointed out and will investigate in order to see if there are ways of improve them.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 days but would not recommend it at the price it charges. Firstly had to pay for an upgrade because we couldn't open the door to the balcony because of the high level of noise from air conditioning unit or some other machinery below. Secondly, I was locked in the bathroom twice because of a malfunctioning lock and the toilet didn't flush properly. Thirdly, for two days in a row all the toilets in the foyer had no toilet paper. I could only access wifi in the foyer and I had to pay for the use of a towel at the pool. If you wanted to use the beach in front of the hotel you had to pay.. Need I go on. Compared to the previous Hilton we stayed in in Istanbul , this was like a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 627JudyK

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay experience at The Hilton Giardini Naxos, guest comments are considered our main tool in the process of service standard improvements.

We have taken note of some issues you have pointed out and will investigate in order to see if there are ways of improve them.

Best Regards,

Hellenia Yachting Hotel
Hellenia Yachting Hotel
#25 of 38 in Giardini Naxos
NH Catania Parco Degli Aragonesi

Been to Hilton Giardini Naxos? Share your experiences!