“Nice place where to eat good fish”

L'Acquario Degustazione
Ranked #14 of 137 Restaurants in Giardini Naxos
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
como
“Nice place where to eat good fish”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is located in the centre of Giardini di Naxos but not by the sea.
From the outside, the entrance of the local is not that easy to find, like a car parking as well.
From the inner part, the restaurant appears in a contemporary minimal design, full of light, strange lamps, and tables all based on white, brown, red and ochre.
I was given the menu in a short time and I was even asked if I would have preferred a different table.
I ordered a main dish and a second dish.
I was given a free appetizer, but it was nothing more than a homemade crouton with smoked salmon.
The waiters were particularly kind and skilled.
The "Piatto Acquario", the one I chose like main dish, did worth its price, because it's a nice mix of seafood sea ​​urchins and "bue eyes", and every ingredient seemed of high quality.
For the second dish, instead, I ordered diced tuna with sesame seeds and balsamic vinegar, but the waitress told me they had finished the tuna and they could use swordfish instead of it.
I accepted the suggestion, even because I wanted to try this recipe.
I have however to recognize that I did not appreciated at the most the lack of the tuna, both because I'd have preferred to eat that and even because the recipe with swordfish seemed a bit incomplete.
The taste of the fish even in this dish was nice and seemed of great quality.
At the end of the dinner I was offered a glass of Sicilian grappa and sweet made of almond paste, I appreciated very much.
I guess the price to be a bit high, but the quality of the food and the kindness of the waiters deserve a visit.

• Visited April 2014

Wales, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We ate here in the evening and I can honestly say it has to be one of the best places I have been to. Everything is of very high quality and all fish is fresh-it comes from the preparation area/shop next door. Service is excellent but not intrusive. The wine choice is excellent-we drank an Etna variety. I had oysters and Paolo certainly had a good knowledge of the various types. We are very fussy diners in that we expect things to be right, to taste superb and for service to be top notch. This restaurant did not disappoint. I can certainly recommend this to everyone. Well done et grazie

• Visited December 2013
Milo, Italy
“Sets the Standard for Fresh Seafood in Sicily!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Acquario is a small restaurant seating perhaps 30 with a casual elegance which immediately makes one feel both relaxed and pampered.

For those who have never eaten at L'Acquario the crustaceans and shell fish are all alive when brought into the kitchen to be prepared, so when we talk about fresh it doesn't get any fresher than that. Paolo features over a dozen different types of oysters daily that are maintained to perfection in his saltwater tanks as well as scampi, lobster, and crab. He has a pump that draws saltwater from the sea to his tanks which provide oxygen and filters the water maintaining the crustaceans and shell fish in perfect and alive condition. All of the fish are locally caught and never farm raised. I've dined here on four occasions and would highly recommend everything on the menu, I've never eaten anything less than excellence in it's preparation and presention though I would certainly recommend the mixed raw seafood appetizer for first timers to this establishment.

The wine selection is small but intelligent and all of wines on the list go extremely well with the dishes from the menu.

The Acquario is definately a "destination restaurant" and not to be missed on your next trip to Sicily.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank thefireknight
“Fish”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you love fish, this is the place to eat.Choose it from the selection laid out fresh on ice and the chef cooks it for you.Service excellent from a lovely lady,good wine, and also fantastic dessert.

• Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“The Fish is Fresh”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I knew we were going to have a good time because I found the one free parking spot meters from the restaurant. This was after a 230 km drive.
We you walk inside there is a presentation of freshly caught local fish to choose from. It was my wife's birthday so we went all out for lunch. From the fried local white bait, lobster to the whole salt baked fish we all enjoyed our meal.
I selection of good wine raised the price of the meal for the 3 of us. But it was still worth the drive there and 300 km back. Thanks to the auto-strada and the fast flowing traffic it was achieved easily.

• Visited October 2013