“Great food, excellent service!”

L'Acquario Degustazione
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Since I was part of a tour, we normally ate where the tour took us, but on a free night in Giardini Naxos we asked our taxi driver to take us to a good seafood restaurant. The driver took us to L'Acquario. We were brought into the fresh fish side of the restaurant, and were amazed by the tank of fresh lobster, not to mention all the other fish that we saw. When we were seated at our table, of course being five women, we couldn't decide on what to eat. The waitress suggested a fresh fish (which happened to be snapper) and recommended that it be prepared per the chef's recommendation, encased in salt. Wow, is all I can say. Once the fish was brought to the table the salt encasement was removed, bones removed......the BEST fish I ever had!!
If you want a great meal (more than good!!) you must try L'Acquario. A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The selection of fresh fish is unmatched for the area. The crusteans, many local and many flown in from France are unrivaled as well. The staff are knowledgable and friendly. They are glad to bring you over to the fish selection and explain what each one is and even describe how you may want to arrange your selection. They ask how you want your fish prepared. The best suggestion I made that evening was to allow the chef to endulge himself. Cook it the way he'd want it himself. All I can say is "WOW!!! Impressive. This was 5 star in taste and design. Cooked to tender flaky perfection and steamed in cellophane. Truly a work of culinary art. The chef is obviously proud of his profuct and talent. A fair warning. This is probably this most expensive restaurant in the Giardini Naxos/Taormina area. Can you get something this good anywhere else...No! Can you get something near as good without the flair? Possibly. Bottom line. If you want the best food experience in the area and don't mind the price, this is the place for you. You better make reservations though as the space is limited. Aboiut 30 seats.

1  Thank fradel61
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a great quality dinner.
A starter recommended by the waitress, a combo of seafood and fruit (she had actually offered one for each but we decided for just one to share) and as main courses a 25€ half languste and a 18€ seafood risotto from the menu.

The mistake was not to ask for the price of the starter.

Getting the bill it turned out to be 50€ just for the starter !!!!!

A starter for more than twice a main course without letting the customer know is a NOGO.
Total bill was, including a good bottle of wine for 42€ plus some water a total of 160€.

paolotrimarchi, Proprietario at L'Acquario Degustazione, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi, I'm Paolo Trimarchi the owner of Restaurant. I really apoligise for your dissatisfation, I'm really afraid about

your comment, I thought you left my restaurant completly satisfy. I could understanding if the food was poor and

expensive too but it wasn't.
First, the waitress reccommand a plateau of Mix Tropical Fruit with mix Crustacean Salad beacuse was freshly,

lightly and different than classic fish's dish, which is a fully dish per person and perfect as stater to share. A dish

including a localy lobster, a claw lobster, a crab, red prawns and shrimps completely immersed in mix and freshly

tropical fruit, that is the onestly justification for the price, as you can see from uploaded pic. Immagine, If you have

to buy every single ingredients separetely, absolutely will be more exspensive then you've paid. I confirm, as you

said, it is rich course but easy to manage for two, some costumer order as starter and other as main course, I

couldn't decide for them beacuse I supposed they know what they wont to it . Honestly I didn't receive a complaint

until now about this dish from anyone else, is the first time for me.

Second, you had a Linguine with half Lobster and Seafood Risotto, they cost are 16,00 and 15,00 euro respectevely

from menù. I never use to swell up the price to anyone costumer, just beacuse i don't need to do it. Fortunally, we

are the only place got a acquarium with salty water which the meaning is we are maintening and preserve all

seafood and all crustacean alive, we don't push to sell it, don't swell up the price and how you can see the price for

half lobster is absolutely unreaseble.

We use to cuddle own customer as you can see personally, nice welcoming and good service, we use to offer

biscquits and wine dessert. We love to respect own costumer we use to offer biscquits and winedessert.and I invite

you to concact me directly by email or phone at anytime you preferer for better explain.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Picked the restaurant based on reviews here and am so glad we made the €25 taxi journey from Taormina. As we got out of the taxi we saw the fishmongers shop next to the restaurant and had a look in and were greeted by the owner who proceeded to show us around for about 15 minutes. It's great to see such a passionate person talking about their subject matter. My wife and I travel a lot, eat at some of the best restaurants and love seafood, but speaking to the owner we learnt so much about Italy and the seafood it offers.

As a former restaurant owner I was delighted that he was also happy to show me around the kitchen and was very proud of his produce, chef and food he cooked.

The restaurant was small maybe 20 covers at most and was laid out very nicely. We could not have had a better host and he was very happy to help with our food order/suggestions and pick out an excellent wine for us. The waitress was also excellent and we have not had a better meal in long while.

We ate clams, mussels, lobster with pasta and managed deserts - awesome meal.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is located in the centre of Giardini di Naxos but not by the sea.
From the outside, the entrance of the local is not that easy to find, like a car parking as well.
From the inner part, the restaurant appears in a contemporary minimal design, full of light, strange lamps, and tables all based on white, brown, red and ochre.
I was given the menu in a short time and I was even asked if I would have preferred a different table.
I ordered a main dish and a second dish.
I was given a free appetizer, but it was nothing more than a homemade crouton with smoked salmon.
The waiters were particularly kind and skilled.
The "Piatto Acquario", the one I chose like main dish, did worth its price, because it's a nice mix of seafood sea ​​urchins and "bue eyes", and every ingredient seemed of high quality.
For the second dish, instead, I ordered diced tuna with sesame seeds and balsamic vinegar, but the waitress told me they had finished the tuna and they could use swordfish instead of it.
I accepted the suggestion, even because I wanted to try this recipe.
I have however to recognize that I did not appreciated at the most the lack of the tuna, both because I'd have preferred to eat that and even because the recipe with swordfish seemed a bit incomplete.
The taste of the fish even in this dish was nice and seemed of great quality.
At the end of the dinner I was offered a glass of Sicilian grappa and sweet made of almond paste, I appreciated very much.
I guess the price to be a bit high, but the quality of the food and the kindness of the waiters deserve a visit.