“Awesome Taormina & Castelmola tour”

SLS Sicily Limousine Service
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours in Giardini Naxos
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our cruise ship docked in Messina, Sicily and I searched for private day tours to Taormina and the surrounding area. Our driver, Calogero, picked us up at the cruise dock in a Mercedes and took us towards Taormina. Along the way, you could catch amazing views of Mt Etna. We stopped first at the beach resort town of Giadini Naxos. Calogero showed us the lava river and how it drops into the sea. This town has sand trucked in as opposed to the pebble rock beaches nearby. Calogero stopped at a local Sicilian pastery shop and we tasted the delicious cannoli and almond cookies. Our tour then took us to Piazza Belvedere (Lookout square) for a photo stop with breathtaking views of Isolabella (Beautiful island). Going further up the way past Taormina on to Castlemola, we stopped at Madonna della Rocca, a church made into the rocks! They have a lovely, small garden with great views down onto Taormina. Castlemola was a quaint little town, although the castle is currently closed for renovations. There is a bar here where you can taste the almond wine. Our driver then took us to Taormina for free time. We took the cable car ride down to Isolabella, had lunch at an amazing restaurant called Osteria Nero D'Avola, strolled the main cobblestone thoroughfare and then met Calogero for our ride back to the ship. This was an amazing private excursion that I highly recommend!

All reviews
in 81 reviews
"castelmola"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great way to tour Sicily on our own schedule. We arranged our own itinerary and were driven between each location by Sicily Limo. Drivers were all very freindly, knowledgeable and fun. We visited my Wife's grandparents town, wineries and Mount Etna as well as the Greek. Roman ruins in Agrigento and Syracusa. Taormina was a fun resort with great shops and food. I compared Sicily Limosine Service with the cost of car rental, plus insurance and petro and it was not much more expensive,..... and we did not get lost, no driving stress or accidents! We will return with our kids to do another tour sometime in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Excellent day with Antonio, our driver! We were promptly met at the port in Siracusa in a clean van. We never felt rushed and had plenty of time to stop for pictures and visit the Greek theater with the incredible view of Mt Etna in the background. We had time to shop and have lunch in Taormina. The communication prior to the booking reinforced the quality of service that was provided. I would highly recommend over any cruise sponsored excursion in Sicily. Thank you for a great day.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was the first time we were in Sicily, and it was a wonderful experience thanks to our knowledgeable tour guide, Antonio. My husband put together a tour for four couples from our cruise ship, and everything ran smoothly from our pick up at the ship to our drop off, which was right on time. We would not think twice about booking with Sicily Limousine Service again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful holiday in Taormina and it was made even more special by our personal trip to Mount Etna. I was wanting to do something a little different (not with a huge tour bus) and Claudio was the answer! He was such a nice, helpful, polite and friendly man who spoke perfect English which is good as a lot of other drivers in Italy don't speak very good English (which is understandable, but not when you ask for an English speaking driver!)
To top it all off he didn't even mind turning back to Taormina when we were 10 minutes into the journey when I realised I forgot my camera. Thanks to the ever patient Claudio I was able to get some brilliant photos!
I will make sure to book him again when I return in a few years time.