First impression of the hotel was good, and excellent location. Maybe good idea to have the hotel sign/direction near the Bus station ( INTERBUS ), we found the hotel by Google map on mobile. Reception was quite busy, understand is peak season but guests had to wait for some time to get service/greet, but staff are very helpful and friendly, always have smile on their face, speak good England.
Breakfast and Dinner was great experience, food was really nice and we were impressed. Dinner was delicious with good portions, not too much or less. Restaurant service was also good, allocated table in advance so we know where to sit, good organisation. We also enjoy time at the bar area, especially outside Terrence to have a drinks and relax. Overall the cleanness of the hotel areas was excellent, always clean and neat.
Room – Clean and spacious, we appreciated the upgrade. However, we found the sharp of the room was a bit weird and dark ( Room 308, we found it too big for just 2 of us ), but very nice balcony and beautiful beach view room. A new refurbishment needed in the hotel rooms, furniture are tired and not proper double bed ( 2 single put together ), Bigger TV would be better compare to the size of the room. Air conditioning working fine, ( it wasn’t working when we checked in but Maintenance came to fix it straight away, great service ) but it seems the AC switched off automatically a couple of times during our stay. ( Maybe set up by timer from hotel? )
I think that the price we paid was worth, specially we went of DBB package, no need to think which restaurants we should go every night but I would suggest a renovation for sure.
The advantage of choosing this hotel, is location plus great service and cleanness of the hotel. Surroundings lot of nice restaurants and ice cream shops. My friend who lives in Sicily told me the best ice cream shop in the town is the one opposite the hotel called GO GO ICE CREAM, we tried and it was fantastic. 5 mins walk along the beach, you can find a small supermarket to buy some water, beers etc. very handy. The hotel is right in front of a private beach, i would highly recommend to pay 3EURO entrance fee instead of go to a public one, the beach is so nice and clean, however you also have to pay for umbrella rental and bends but it worth the money. We have a wonderful time.
Other tips for traveling from Palermo Airport to Hotel.
1) when you arrive Palermo Airport, follow bus terminal sign at the airport and you will find a bus station within 2 mins walk. You can buy the ticket at the ticket booth at EURO 6.10, ( every 30 mins ) it takes you to Palermo central bus station about 40 mins.
2) After you get off the bus at the Central bus station. Walk inside the train station and follow the BUS terminal sign to others bus stops find SAIA EURO14.90, it takes 2 hours and half straight away to Catania Airport
3) From Catania Airport takes ITERBUS EURO7.90 straight away to Giardini Naxos ( first stop)
4) When you arrive Giadini Naxos bus station, you will see lots of hotel signs ( but not Hotel Sporting Baia), take the left of the road walk along the road, it will takes 15 mins walk ( 400 yards ) to the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Sporting Baia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Baia Hotel
- Sporting Baia Giardini Naxos
- Hotel Sporting Baia Sicily/Giardini Naxos