I was really worried about this hotel from the TA reviews but I didn't need to be. The hotel is really pretty with roman staues around a small pool that we didn't swim in as our days here were full of trips and the wether was cloudy. Our room was clean and comfortable although my bed was a bit hard and I could feel the mattress springs. Everything in our rooms worked although you had to wait for a while for hot water to come through in the shower. I thought that the food was good and 4 courses was too much for me. We had a single choice starter eg quiche, followed by a choice of soup or pasta, followed by a choice of a fish or meat dish, followed by a set dessert eg icecream. On the last night we had a baked alaska in the shape of a vlocano with fire coming out. It looked good and tatsted good. The wine at meal times was priced at about 20 euros a bottle. I tried and liked the lambrusco. Breakfast was the usual buffet spread and there were lovely chocolate croissants and pain au raisin pastries. You could walk from the hotel towards the beach but then along the road to a few touristy shops. There wasn't much there though. The best place to shop was Taormina - walk right through the main street to the end (Porto Catania) then turn right and go up the hill slightly to a supermarket where we got reasonably priced drinks and food to take home (Grappa was only 5 euros a bottle). We also had good food in a restaurant called Moldovia where we had some lovely and very tasty pizzas.
We had a fantastic tour guide, Rosario, on our Riviera Travel tour and he made the holiday fantastico!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Giardini Naxos, close to the most fascinating destinations of the island. A few steps from the sea, the hotel is located in the east coast of the Ionian Sea, in a picturesque setting and evocative, from which you can enjoy a unique view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel And Spa
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel Giardini Naxos
- Hotel Sant Alphio Garden
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa Sicily/Giardini Naxos