As others have reported, this place gives the paying customer a very mixed experience. We were allocated a reasonable room next to the lift. We could hear the lift from the bathroom, but not from our room.The room was a good size with a decent bathroom and a small balcony. (Although the architect should be shot as the single light bulb in the bathroom only lit the hand basin, and not the shower).
The walls are paper thin. One night the man next door snored all night and kept me awake for half the night.
The hotel specialised in "Do Not" signs. Do Not wear shorts in the dining room, Do Not take food from the dining room, Do Not enter the hotel without a shirt on, Do Not enjoy yourself. (OK, I made the last one up).
The Dining room was like a Hangar for a super-jumbo. It was huge. This place is given over to rather a lot of Coach parties. At either 7.30 or 8.00 hundreds of coach trippers descend in to the dining room.
The food was Good. Whilst more Sicilian options would be good, each meal that we had was good. Getting the food was a different matter as the waiters were massively over worked. They tried really hard, but there were not enough of them. The wine list was extensive, but over priced for wines that were one third as much in the local supermarket.
The worst aspect was the arrangement for lifts. The hotel has two blocks. One block has two lifts. The other block has only one lift, and that lift only takes 5 people. Tough luck if you are on the top floor and in a queue of 50 people after a couple of coaches have arrived. You wait for ages for the one lift. A very stupid and mean bit of hotel design!!
As to the very mean habit of charging extra for everything, such as towels, wi-fi and so on, that policy was very annoying. Another sign of a cheap hotel??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Giardini Naxos, close to the most fascinating destinations of the island. A few steps from the sea, the hotel is located in the east coast of the Ionian Sea, in a picturesque setting and evocative, from which you can enjoy a unique view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel Giardini Naxos
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Sant Alphio Garden
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa Sicily/Giardini Naxos