“Perfect Service”

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Grado
Salzburg, Austria
“Perfect Service”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I travel a great deal to Italy and I can highly recommend staying at the Hotel Villa Venezia when in Grado.
The hotel owners/staff are amazing. Friendly and very accomodating - you feel very well cared for as a guest.
The staff ensured that all six of us (we were there from May 4-6) had a very quiet and peaceful stay - thank you!! The rooms we had were perfect - clean, modern and extremely comfortable.
The breakfast here is also very good - cereals, cheese, ham, eggs, yoghurt, croissants, great coffee (of course), etc - what more can you ask for and the serving staff was also very friendly and accomodating.
Thank you for such a lovely stay - we appreciate all your efforts and will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The rooms were newly renovated, but the furniture is old and looks bad. The entrance card was not working, but was no surprise for the staff at the entrance that exchange it with a normal key. Anyway they did not look to happy to be there. Poor breakfast.
We were there during cold April days and the price was too high for offer and season. Not a good price for what they offer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My friend had booked rooms for us for the weekend but when I found out all the trains were full, I had to come a day early. Cristina (one of the owners) was my angel...although the hotel was full, she booked me for one night in a nearby hotel.

The next day when I came back to the Villa Venezia, I was delighted to find a modern room and bathroom, a balcony and sheets monogramed with the hotel logo! Double glazed windows kept the sound out...I had worried about that. And my single room was €45. This was truly the nicest room I have had in Italy for this price. I have been studying Italian for four years, and I travel all over Italy to practice my skills. Never have I had a room as nice a this for the price...ANYWHERE.

But the best part of the hotel has to be the new management...Cristina and her husband! And Claudia at the front desk in the afternoon was charming and helpful also. The common areas of the hotel are lovely and new, with free wi-fi. I went up to the rooftop because I had read other reviews about the whirlpool. It was empty and the rooftop was not particularly nice, but both our rooms had lovely balconies, so it was not important to me at all. Also, I didn't eat at the hotel. There are dozens of good restaurants and bars so I prefer to try different ones each night.

FYI....you can catch a bus from Cervignano, the train station that serves Grado. It is a 25 minute ride and costs €3. A taxi is €30-35. The stop is right outside the station and the tobacchi is right there so you can buy your ticket. When you arrive in Grado the hotel is about an 8 min walk from the bus station. Very easy, even with luggage.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I hope someday to return to Grado and the Villa Venezia. My thanks to all of them for a lovely experience.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sherrypalmbeach
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is clean and in great condition. All the staff at the front desk was always helpful and friendly. Location of hotel is great. Very close walk to the beach.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 4 October 2007

Had a major disappointment with this hotel. Having spent six different holidays in Italy over the past number of years, always staying in 4 star hotels, our first night in this hotel was a major shock! The location of the hotel is very good, and our room and ensuite were very comfortable but in no way is the dining room and food up to 4 star standard. Whilst checking in, we were asked to choose from a small menu for our evening meal.... this seemed to be the norm in this hotel. When we did go to the dining room that evening, there were only two other tables occupied in a dreary room.There was one person serving the food, not very professionally. A buffet of tired and very restricted antipasti was available. My husband had previosly ordered the soup, but this was unedible. Our main course was turkey with broccoli which was like rubber. We ordered ice cream for dessert , and this was the only nice part of the meal. Instead of being on a high looking forward to our holiday we were depressed!! We decided we could not continue to stay there,and went out that night and sourced another 4star hotel in Grado. The next morning, we complained about the standard of food, paid for one nights accomodation and left. The other hotel was terrific and I fail to understand how Villia Venezia has a four star rating.

• Liked — Location and Bedroom
  • Disliked — Food and Dining Room
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family