“Poor attitude”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Plymouth
“Poor attitude”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I visited Imperia over the new year as my other half is based here at the moment. Hopefully I'll be returning in Feb but we won't be visiting this restaurant as we were very disappointed. It was busy, but not full, however there was just one waiter who was run off his feet. The owner swanned round in his pink shirt making conversation but not helping out. His wife did the same and played with the child. At no point did they help out. We were there over an hour and a half in that time we just had a pizza each. The pizza was good but nothing special and you can get just as nice ones in other restaurants in Imperia. I've been to Italy 14 times in the last 3 years and it certainly didn't rate on my best pizza experience. The wine tasted stale, as if it had been opened a few days ago. We tried to order dessert and despite being given menus the waiter didn't come back for the order. Over half and hour after being given the menus we gave up. I travel all over and review many restaurants, I have never given one such a poor rating yet we really felt like they couldn't be bothered with us - perhaps because we were not Italian they thought they could get away with it? I would certainly not advise that you go here as you can get better food and certainly better service at other restaurants. In fact there is a cheaper one just a couple of streets away from this one that was a pleasure to visit - I reviewed it. It is a shame we had such a disappointing experience.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank sweetpe4

Stockholm, Sweden
“Best pizza we have ever had!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We can only speak for the pizzas, but they were really excellent! Good quality ingredients and lots of them. From our experience it felt like we got authentic Italian pizzas, best we have had in Italy or elsewhere.

Visited August 2013