“Really lovely food”

Price range: US$35 - US$118
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Specialties of grilled meat on the grill, cooked in the fireplace of the dining room, and freshwater fish.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Offered a drink 'on the house' on arrival and then was brought a antipasto 'on the house' also!! Food cooked really well - not huge portions and not cheap but very enjoyable. Our bill came to 65 euros for 2 people and we had a pasta dish and a main - lake fish and coffee( which came with homemade biscuits) so a lot of extras'on the house'. Definitely worth a visit during your stay in Iseo. However there are a lot of good restaurants in Iseo

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

All round good value at this restaurant which isn't the easiest to find. It's located under an archway 5 minutes stroll from the centre of town. From when you walk in to when you leave, the service from the very nice staff is excellent, this place is not the Ritz nor does it offer silver service but the staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is very good and excellent value. We had an aperitif, pre starter (which was complimentary) a main course, a cheese board, coffees and sambuca all for €60. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Very friendly, optimal services and excellent food. The interioer is cousy and very italian. We had two different second plate. One was fish from the lake of Iseo, very, very good and tasty.
Another one was fresch pasta with white trueffel. That was excellent.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This meal was by far the best I had in Iseo. I was attracted to the restaurant because it was the only menu I found with lamb on it, and at 15 Euros I couldn't not try it! The restuarant is quite atmospheric with a cellar style interior and an outside dining area. Now, it is true, very little English is spoken, but if that is important for you then go on holiday to an English speaking country! One waitress spoke good enough English to help me through the menu and the other waitress was even better than me at miming! I explained I was there for the lamb and they could choose the starter and wine for me. They didn't choose the most expensive items on the menu, but clearly what could, and did compliment the lamb, whch was a pheasant ragu wth tagliatelle and a local glass of red. All were really fantasticly flavoured, the lamb was all I hoped for - pink, juicey and tastey, I was in heaven! Included in the cover charge I received a glass of pink prosecco and a few slices of procuitto, a nice touch and made the cover charge good value. A fabulous meal, friendly and helpful staff - not to be missed if you are visiting Iseo.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Not a lot of choices to eat in Iseo (town) really. Very unassuming place, you coudl easily walk right by. We ate in the back, a covered patio snd no it is not that romantic. The place is very basic, this is not an upscale dining place or an upscale dining experience. They don't speak a lot of English, so if your Italian is poor, good luck. The food is very local, a lot of lake fish and shrimp. The meats, also local, are a little tough. I can describe the food a basic country food, rustic maybe, with local flavors. This is not a sophisticated dining experience, pretty basic. No problems with the food, but I would not call it memorable or repeatable.

1  Thank JPB27