“Hidden authentic seafood restaurant”
Review of I Lombardi - CLOSED

I Lombardi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Hidden authentic seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Found this place by chance on a wander in the evening. Very Italian, no English translations here, just what we love in an authentic restaurant. Mainly seafood on the menu but still options available for non fish eaters. Had a small meal of a cold cuts starter to share, spaghetti with clams and, on recommendation, gnocchi with tomato and mozzarella sauce. Along with quarters of wine of course. Lovely place with a relaxing atmosphere. Well worth a visit - for lunch or dinner!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Katie B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good place for lunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch and ate from a 10 euro menu. The food was good and the service prompt. I would say its a good place for lunch but not quite special enough for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“10 Euro lunch menu was a winner!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was tempted into this restuarant for two reasons, the first was their menu was only in Italian (good for me as clearly catering to the locals, as opposed to the tourists) and secondly the price - 10 Euros for 2 courses, half a litre of water, quarter litre of wine and coffee. Well, I must say the food and service was really very good. I had pesto linguine, followed by pork fillet in wine with creamed potatoes - both very tastey. I also liked the fact that when I asked for tea instead of coffee at the end of the meal, he smiled and said 'English'. When in Italy I do try to do as the Italians do- but coffee is my exception! The 10 Euro lunch menu is just Monday to Friday, but I would go back and eat in the evening / at the weekend.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank hjs47
London
“Good value in Iseo”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

A very good value small restaurant in the heart of Iseo . Friendly, helpful service delivering an excellent fixed price menu at 20 Euros. We would certainly eat there again.

• Visited September 2012
North East England
“4 Good fixed menus with nice variety”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Ate here today they had 4 fixed price menues as wel as a la carte. The menus were 20 euros. they were a house, a meat,fish and local menus. They included anti pasto primi, secondi and coffee as well as a 25 cl of house wine. The food was of good quality and tasty , the service was effecient..
It was the first restaurant we have eaten in while in Iseo but we guess it was quieter than those with a lake view.

• Visited September 2012