“good food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

i tried this restaurant with friends. the food is good. i tried "spaghetti frutti di mare" and agnolotti. also alici is ok. the sea is not far. price around 40 eur per person.

• Visited January 2014

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Old Fashioned and Agreeable”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

On the outskirts of Laigueglia, almost to Capo Mele and the Andora border you will find this hospitable place with a lovely view towards Gallinara Island, Alassio and the further coast. The restaurant has been going since 1970 and seems to be in a time warp. Old fashioned can be a positive or a negative depending on your point of view. I mean it as a compliment, a place where courtesy, reliability and value are upheld and the clients are made to feel at home.

We had a very nice lunch there on a Friday afternoon. The antipasti frutta di mare kept coming until we had to say basta. Truthfully, some appetizers were better than others, but I felt comfortable with the quality of the seafood. There is no menu, but you are given some choices. At the outset, I was asked whether we wanted wine, and when I said bianco, Pigato or Vermentino, we were brought a bottle of decent but unexceptional Pigato already opened. I would have preferred to have an option of a better choice.

The appetizers were quite filling, interspersed with two kinds of foccacia and we opted for a primi piatti, spaghetti with clams for my wife, good, but not extraordinary, and I had a ravioli of seppia and other fish with tuna bottarga sprinkled on top which was truly excellent.

We were too full for dessert, and finished with good coffee and complimentary grappa with honey and an alternative of lemoncello. The bill for this copious feast was quite reasonable. A nearby table opted for a fritto misto which looked and smelled delicious. I would expect that second courses of fish would be quite pleasing.

II is nice to see an older couple continuing to serve their customers well in a table cloth and linen napkin setting as they have done for many decades. There is a time for nostalgia and tradition. Other chefs in the area may serve more creative and interesting food, but maintaining high standards from the past is also commendable.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank ulysses4
Lahr, Germany
“Grazie Marco and team!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I come here sinde 38 years from time to time. And I've never regretted it. For lunch we were pampered like in the good old Italian times when Antipasti never stopped. We ordered a simple "Insalate di frutti di mare" and got 5 different dishes of seafood, including delicious anchovis (like always), 6 super fresh and yummy oysters, insalate d mare, etc. etc.
Main dish was spaghetti al mare, which were very much al-dente and accompagnied by super-fresh sea food. Can't be better! We also had spaghetti al pesto Genovese with vongole - a new, but very delicious creation.
Marco is a positive rogue and has always been. So, if you are open to his jokes you'll get one of the best services ever. At least we enjoyed it!!

• Visited October 2013
Fossano, Italy
“A Sure Bet”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our friends live nearby and they said if we wanted to eat fish in Laigueglia, our best bet was Da Marco. Old style with nothing special regarding the presentation but a very friendly staff and most importantly delicious comfort style fish pastas and fried fish.

We went in for a simple lunch and they were so kind to let our dog in the restaurant. The waitress was so patient with us and even though we didn't want antipasti, they brought us out amazing friend little octopus and tuna carpaccio while we were waiting. French fries came with the well done fried fish and if I were to go again, I would let them bring us a full course meal because it was all so good.

Our friends got two pasta dishes and my husband and I got a grilled fish platter and fried fish with a glass of white wine. They offered us limoncello, sorbet and it added up to 84 euros total for 4 people.

I love trying new restaurants, but after this experience I wouldn't think twice to go again!

• Visited August 2013