“Another excellent stay .....”

Hotel Giulietta Romeo
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Lazise
Birmingham
“Another excellent stay .....”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel 3 times now. A very good 3 star. Friendly staff, secure parking and plentiful breakfast buffet. Nice pool and grounds if the weather is good and you just want to relax.Key fetaure though is location which is just a short stroll from Lazise town centre with numerous restaurants and a ferry stop that opens up
access to other parts of lake. Suitable as a stop over for a couple of days or for a longer stay as a base to explore lake garda.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GaryMbham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We have been to Lake Garda and Italy several times and have always found the Italians to be extremely friendly and welcoming of small children...until we stayed at this hotel.
I do not mind hotels not welcoming children, but we booked well in advance, notified the hotel of the ages of our children and booked a room for my husband's brother and his family for their first holiday to the lakes.
Therefor we were greatly disappointed to discover that the children were not welcome in the hotel bar in the evenings nor was the owner happy to have them in and around the hotel during the day and we got a lot of dirty looks entering and leaving the hotel from the owner for their playfullness at the pool.
I can only compare the welcome we receievd at hotels like Hotel Residence Florida (Lake Garda) or Hotel Villa Marie (Lake Como) where the owners were were extremely welcoming and friendly and loved to greet the children.
Another problem we encountered was that our room appears to have been positioned next to or over the laundry room in the hotel and were were woken every night by the loud banging of the washer/dryers. Initially we thought we had a very active couple in the room beneath us!!
Other than that Lazise is a great town on the lake and the hotel was clean and the food very good. In general the waiting staff were lovely and maybe the management could take some tipps from the pleasant nature of their employees!
Without a family and with a different room we would probably have viewed this hotel in a very different light.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Stayed for 3 nights before attending a wedding near Pacengo at a place called Agriturismo Ca' del Sol (also a very nice place to stay). Had never been to Italy before and I was travelling alone. I had a single room, which was small but I had a nice balcony with a view over the swimming pool and I was only in my room for sleeping. The bathroom and in particular the shower was small but adequate for one person. The room was very clean, bedding and towels were changed each day although I don’t think that the room had been refurbished like some of the other rooms appear to have been, it was fine for one person with air con and TV (mostly with German and Italian channels but also CNN and Eurosport). The location of the hotel is very convenient – it is on the main road outside of the old town of Lazise but still very close for shops, cafés, restaurants, ferries, etc. When I arrived in my room I was worried that it would be noisy at night time but my room had two/double doors/windows (I think they were both double glazed) and with both windows closed it was very quiet and I did not hear the traffic. Breakfast each morning was delicious and very plentiful – always lots of fruit, bread, croissants, lots of different homemade cakes, yogurts, jams, ham, cheese, eggs, coffee, juice, etc and it was nice to eat outside on the terrace. The swimming pool was also lovely, open from 8am until 8pm and it was cleaned every evening and the garden is spacious and really nice. I only really used the pool and the garden in the late afternoon/early evening and it was never too busy at this time. The hotel is family run and the staff are very helpful and friendly, one day I wanted to take a bus to Verona so they phoned the tourist office to get the bus times, they recommended restaurants and arranged for me to take a taxi to the wedding venue. There is so much to do around Lake Garda, I particularly enjoyed hiring a bike from Los Locos, which was just 5 minutes walk from the hotel – again very helpful staff and it cost 12 euros to hire a bike all day until 7:30pm in the evening.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank caths100
holland
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We booked 2 superior rooms during summer holiday. These rooms were quite new (I think 2005) and spotlessly clean. Quiet fully manageable built in airconditioning, Small fridge (minibar) No LCD but ok TV . Balcony with chairs. 3rd bed nicely stowed away, if you need it the room is still OK. High speed wireless internet (not free)Owner staffed reception.
Really one of the best breakfast buffets ever, to be had inside nice breakfast room or outside on the lovely terrace.
Swimming pool not overcrowded during midday, can be in afternoon (not too big) very large garden, so you can sit far away from anyone if desired. The hotel is 30 meters from the busy road around Lake Garda, but does not intrude a lot (personal opinion) noisewise.
Cross this road and you are almost downtown. I guess it's 5 minutes from the centre of Lazise (which is the nicest town I have ssen on the Lake)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
england
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I just spent 7 days at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Everywhere, rooms and public areas, are spotlessly clean. Towels and bed linen are changed daily. The pool is thoroughly cleaned every night. Breakfast is very good, the meats and cheeses are very fresh. Many kinds of bread. Cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit. home made fresh fruit salad always available. Also, the most magnificent cakes, at least 6 different ones every morning.

They do a simple lunch, but not dinner, this is fine because there are many restaurants by the lakeside doing excellent pizzas and pasta for 6 to 8 Euros.

I paid 130 euros per night for a superior room with a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens.

I very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We stayed there with friends for a long weekend having fun in Italy. The hotel is 5min walk from downtown Lazise - a very nice Italian city. The hotel has a very nice pool. The rooms are old, but very clean. The small bath fullfills its duty. Staying in the room with 3 people was not much of a problem, but just for sleeping it was fine. Personnel are very friendly and helpful. There's only one negative point about this hotel and that's the main street close to it which was also loud. Sleeping with open windows was no problem.
The very best of this hotel was its breakfast buffet. We've never seen such a nice buffet. So breakfast took us almost two hours which was very nice on the terrasse.
The price is fine for two people and excellent for threee.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This july we needed to stay around Garda as we were taking one of my boys to a summer camp there. I booked this Hotel which was also on the Michelin guides, for one night. We were assigned a nice room with 3 beds .
The hotel is conveniently located just outside the town walls, which makes it easy to reach it if you have a car. We did not try the pool due to the chilly weather.
The room was spotless, probably had also been recently renovated, and very quiet. People at the reception were friendly and kind. The breakfast buffet was so nice I regretted not having my camera with me, a beautiful layout (all cheeses and hams were placed on a table of fresh shiny vegetables) and they had at least ten different homemade cakes.
It rates 3 stars, but deserves 4.
The hotel was full of Germans, which made it quieter (Italians are noisier - I know it - I AM Italian).
I am honestly looking for excuses to go back.

• Liked — It was so clean I was touched (well the cakes at breakfast did the rest)
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lazise
Hotel Corte Valier
Villa dei Cedri
Villa dei Cedri
#2 of 4 in Cola
Hotel Castello San Antonio

Been to Hotel Giulietta Romeo? Share your experiences!