“Very clean and convenient”

and 1 more site!
B&B Palazzo Gorgoni
Ranked #26 of 321 Lecce B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Marta is a lovely host and met me at the station which was extremely kind of her. I stayed for 6 nights in the Maria Di Enghein room which was huge! Its the first room to the left of the entrance so you do get street noise but it tends to be quiet most of the time (Saturday night can get busy!). The bed was extremely comfortable and I had no problems sleeping at all.

The rooms are cleaned daily which is great and Marta is available her mobile or email for any help needed.

There is a water dispenser you can use to fill up a bottle before a day of exploring and free tea and coffee (fancy pod capsules). There are always biscuits and a cake for sweet treats too.

I didn't have the breakfast at Mamma Elvira but its conveniently located at the end of the street with free Wifi there too.

I chose to stay at this B&B as I was attending a week long cooking school (The Awaiting Table http://awaitingtable.com/) that's 2 minutes away so it extremely convenient. If I was in Lecce again I'd definitely stay again as the place was beautiful, super clean, great amenities and conveniently located to the main sites. I always felt safe even at night when walking alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Shetravels88
There are newer reviews for B&B Palazzo Gorgoni

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived to a very friendly welcome from Martha and our room was at the rear of the property on the ground floor. As with much of the centre of Lecce, the building is steeped in history and staying there you feel transported back in time, albeit with an expresso machine, moreish biscuits and water right outside your door in the stylishly but understated decor of the communal hallway.
Breakfast is provided at a local enoteca by Andreas and his team (the name of the place escapes me now, but it's just 5 mins from the B&B), so it's also a great place to learn about and try some of the local wines.
For us, it was a very strong start to what turned out to be an exceptional few days exploring Puglia and we just wish we'd been able to stay for longer. Lovely accommodation in a beautiful city.

Room Tip: Our room did have an adjoining door behind a wardrobe, which did mean it was easier to hear what was...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Marta and her brother very kindly picked me up from the station which was very kind of them and made things so much easier for me. Marta's home is beautiful and my room was very tastefully renovated and decorated. Marta was lovely to talk to and she cares about her customers: it was SO wonderful to be able to make tea and coffee for myself and have a choice of biscuits or cake! Breakfast is at the bar around the corner but what a lovely bar it is - the pastries were one of the best I had in Italy.
Thank you Marta.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila974
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This beautiful space was even better than expected. I too looked forward to meeting Marta as we had been corresponding for many months. It truly felt like meeting an old friend. She has created the perfect retreat from which to enjoy this incredibly interesting and stunning old city. Her attentiveness to detail and to your needs is carried out with great warmth and sincerity. She makes herself available for your arrival no matter what time. The comfort and peace found in this space was so appreciated after busy days of exploration. The rooms are very clean and artfully decorated. I stayed here for 5 nights and cannot imagine staying anywhere else now that I have found it. Breakfast is available along with the very modest price of the room and is at Momma Elvira's a short walk away. It soon became a favourite evening haunt for me with it's amazing wines by the glass and delicious tapas. Marta does have warm and cold drinks along with biscotti available at all times. All the interesting sites are within easy walking distance. Train station close by. For my first trip to the south of Italy I cannot express enough how incredible this B&B was. Marta is the perfect host and I look forward to seeing her again!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MichelleLafren
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Marta is a star. She is obviously genuinely interested in her clients and she helped us in several ways during our recent stay, with restaurant information, travel assistance, weather advice and help in lots of other areas too. She and her family let out part of their fabulous 16th century home, which is a real national treasure and the rooms and well resorted and included the use of two linking rooms for by all clients. The location is right in the middle of the old town, on a quiet road and with most of the central attractions of Lecce in very easy reach. She deserves all the praise she gets and we will certainly visit her again. Thanks again Marta.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 and were very happy as it was ideal for a couple.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Marta graciously waited for us as we arrived late due to a missed train in Rome. The property, a restored palace, was absolutely exquisite. It was impeccably clean, with coffee, tea & cold water available anytime. Breakfast was at a local establishment around the corner. I will stay at Marta's again when I return in May on business. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: My room was #2, closest to entry, nice natural light.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our week long stay was an absolute joy. We were met at the door of this delightful B&B in the heart of the old town by it's genuinely kind and helpful owner, Marta. Our room was both immaculate and very comfortable. It was also charming, using the historical and architectural features whilst being thoroughly modern. Marta was incredibly helpful throughout, often giving us ideas for places to eat and shop. Lovely fresh coffee in the morning and breakfast at a lovely local café were also part of the service. I could go on being effusive but I suggest you should go and experience it yourself - a very memorable place to stay, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for an air-conditioned room in high-season.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple