“Wonderful tour operators of Puglia”

PATH walks, talks & beyond
Book In Advance
More Info
US$68.46*
and up
Otranto Full-day Hiking Excursion
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Lecce
More attraction details
Owner description: Path offers truly unique active gourmet adventure and new ways of experiencing Southern Italy through its culinary heritage, finest wine and food, spanning from hands on cookery classes to introductory wine courses including field trips to local markets, cycling and walking adventures. Meet the locals and do what the locals do, talk to small producers and savor the best local food and wine, join small groups of like minded travelers, make new friends and please your sense with what's not on the touristic guides.
North Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour operators of Puglia”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went on an eight day biking trip with my niece and her partner, all of which was planned and executed by Path. Everything worked out to perfection - the lodgings were just what we would like, our luggage arrived on time and we were very well informed about what to expect. Later, I stayed with Andrea and Angela and had a most enjoyable time - sometimes going out on my own to Lecce, others dining with them. The breakfasts were uniformly excellent and served on the veranda so I had a good view of their splendid garden. There is also a large and well appointed swimming pool with plenty of room to sit or lie as the case may be.

3 Thank hammy2

Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful people”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Their are many knowledgeable guides in Puglia. Andrea and Angela are not only that but also kind, thoughtful and interesting people. They helped us plan a very full itinerary which included hiking, sailing and cooking as well as seeing many different cities in the region. We are two couples who have travelled together several times in the past on four different continents. We have developed a fairly keen insight into guide quality. PATH is A-plus.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank JJK39
Dundas, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous Cooking Experience at Masseria Salamina”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend Linda and I had an incredibly wonderful experience with PATH walks, talks & beyond on May 19th. Back in November of 2013 I discovered their site and enquired about the various tours and activities they offered. Right from the start my enquiries were answered within 24 hours.

We were renting a "Trullo" a10 minute drive from Matina Franca and decided on the "Full Meal Cooking Class 225 Euros per Person".)...and everything was PERFECT from start to finish.

Andrea, who runs PATHS, arranged to pick us up at our Trullo and drive us to our all day cooking class which was held at the most charming and beautiful Masseria Salamina located near Pezze di Greco ( 35 minute drive from our rented home.)

It turned out that Linda and I were the only students and our delightful teacher was the daughter of the owner of the masseria so we had an amazing time learning how to make several scrumptious dishes : Fave e cicorie, Parmigiana, Focaccia, La Pasta Fresca, Orecchiette e Laganari, Sugo Fresco, Braciola di Vitello and Crostata. We started at 3 in the afternoon and finished the preparation by 7:30 p.m.....then we sat down in the masseria's enchanting dinning room to feast on our gourmet creations and several glasses of wine. DELICIOUS ! I started to take elaborate notes as Chiara ( our beautiful and entertaining teacher) demonstrated how we would create each dish , but after several glasses of wine (as we cooked) I gave up note taking and just took tons of photos as my attention span had been compromised by the effect of the amount of wine I consumed. (Thank goodness Andrea picked us up and drove us home !!!!)

Philppo, the son of the owner of the Masseria, gave us a tour of their olive grove, the grounds of their 20 lodging B&B and the interior of their historic and charming residence. They produce their own special olive oils and fruit preserves. Next time I vacation in Southern Italy I will make a point of staying here for at least 3 days as the B&B is exquisite and they have a huge pool !

I can not thank Andrea enough for organizing and chauffeuring us to this marvellous activity. Andrea went out of his way to make this an experience we will cherish and he gave us lots of ideas and interesting places to visit while driving hither and yon in our rented Fiat 500.

The All Day Cooking Class was well worth every Euro. A special thank you to Chiara, our "superb" chef ! I whole heartily recommend this to anyone who wants to immerse themselves in the Puglian experience. And a heartfelt thank you to Andrea !

Mary Shepherd, Dundas, Ontario, Canada

3 Thank beaz1234
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Day Trips in Puglia”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As independent travellers based in Gallipoli, we wanted to explore some of the region's highlights without hiring a car. Path were able to organise two, chauffeured day trips which met our requirements. On the first day Andrea drove us along the contrasting coastline from Gallipoli to Otranto, stopping along the way to admire the scenery and learn about the history of the region. At Leuca, he had arranged a short cruise of the bay to see the amazing grottos. The second day we visited the area around Alberobello and saw the Trulli. Andrea had arranged an entertaining local guide to give us a personalised tour, inspecting the interior of a restored Trulli and sharing interesting details of their construction. On the way back, we explored the beautiful town of Lecce. Being a local, Andrea provided information on the architecture of the buildings and explained their significance in relation to the history of the town. Lunch stops both days at delightful, local restaurants.

3 Thank Vesma S
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Day of our Trip”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

While in Puglia we decided to do a day of biking with Path Walks and it was by far our most memorable experience of the trip. I was nervous about riding in Italy but I felt very safe following closely behind our guide Deborah. The wild flowers, the olive trees, the sea-side towns and scenic country lanes are all best experienced from a bike. I left wishing we had done 2-3 days on bikes. This company is special because it is a private trip--no trying to catch up with faster bikers or getting lost!

3 Thank Dann159