“Best B&B I ever stayed at”

Dimora San Giuseppe
Ranked #7 of 324 Lecce B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2014

By far this is the absolute best B&B I have stayed at. I travel extensively throughout Europe and stay at hotels, B&B'S or apartments.
I compare this very small personal B&B to any stay that I had at a 4 star hotel.
Everything was 5 star. The location, the breakfasts served in my room, the cleanliness of my very beautiful luxurious room, the lovely very updatede bathroom, the owners husband and wife team MARCO and SIMONA were perfect hosts.
Free WIFI in my room that worked perfectly .
I can not say enough about how I enjoyed my 6 day stay at this beautiful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank tdk17

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Previous reviewers have said it all, so what can I add? We had difficulty driving to the B&B, so Marco walked to our car, gave us driving directions to the B&B and then carried our bags to the elevator. He also showed us where there was free parking. He and his wife Simona (by coincidence, my oldest daughter's name) were very friendly, hospitable, and helpful. Marco even made us a hotel reservation near the Naples airport for our last night in Italy. The location, breakfast, Suite Santa Chiara, and restaurant recommendations were all perfect. Historic Lecce is most interesting and beautiful, with everything within walking distance of the B&B. We satyed three nights, and could easily have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The Suite Santa Chiara was perfect for us (my husband and myself).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ArnaModiinIsrael
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Right in the historic centre of beautiful Lecce on the second floor in an old palazzo there is this splendid place. The rooms are large and redecorated with enormous taste; the bathroom is more than confortable; breakfast is delicious. Marco and Simona are not only very hospitable hosts but also give very good advise on all sort of matters. In short this must be the best B&B I ever stayed in. O yes, I nearly forgot, the price is very reasonable, certainly for what you get.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bastiaan k
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were lost in Lecce and Marco came out on his motorcycle to guide us to the hotel. Marco and Simona were the warmest hosts we encountered on our trip to southern Italy. The room was beautiful with a comfortable bed and an outrageous bathroom. We were a bit concerned when we were provided earplugs, but the windows were new and thick and screened out the street noise. Who knew that Lecce was a party town? At night the streets were lively and a party scene. The hotel has an elevator and is in the heart of Lecce near all the historic sights. Marco's recommendations for restaurants were great. If you are going to Lecce, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior courtyard may be quieter, but the rooms were so well insulated that we did not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loisthomsen
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Location: 2nd floor (with lift) in a historical building, right inside the walls of the old town, of walking distance to most historical sites, and to bars and restaurants.

Cleanliness: The rooms were cleaned every day, and the towels replenished when used. Immaculate.

Room size: We stayed 4 days in the smallest of their rooms. It was big compared to Amsterdam standards. We had enough space to move around, store our luggage and eat our breakfast.

Breakfast: There was a table & 2 chairs next to the bed where we had breakfast every morning. Simona brought it to our room everyday. There was always more than enough for us to eat - yoghurt, sliced fruits, juice, croissants, baked sweets. The coffee was one of the best in town.

At arrival, Marco welcomed us, gave us maps & enough tips (restaurants, bars, places to visit), showed us the rest of the b&b, told us very interesting stories about the building and Lecce.

Price=quality ratio: You'll get more than your money's worth. I wouldn't look somewhere else.

If ever given the chance to visit Lecce again, I will choose Dimora San Guiseppe. I suggest you give it a try, too.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripsearcher69
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After the amazing experience we had here, I couldn't see ever staying anywhere else in Lecce. Marco and Simona may be the warmest hosts we have ever encountered, and the room we stayed in was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the Suite San Giuseppe which was one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen- vaulted ceilings, a loft, a super luxurious bathroom, and gorgeous decor. They've done a wonderful job decorating and are happy to tell you about all of the lovely details. The rooms are also decorated with amazing paintings.

The breakfast is brought to your room and ridiculously indulgent with sweet and savory local pastry specialties, cheeses, sliced meat, fresh fruit and yogurt.

The prices are very reasonable- I would expect a room this luxurious to cost twice what it does.

I wish I could give this place more than 5 stars- Marco and Simona are so dedicated to making their guests happy and the inn is stunning. One of our best hotel/b&b experiences ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were greeted by Marco with a smile and a map and suggestions for places to eat. His gracious manor was very welcoming. The hotel is in a restored 200+ year building with lift and around the corner from the main plaza with the Roman ampitheater and the fascinating old streets of Lecce. A perfect location for meandering and dining. Simona prepared and served our breakfast in the room - which included her scrumptious chocolate/marmalade breakfast cake. This hotel is a real gem - not to be missed if visiting Lecce!!

Room Tip: This is a small boutique hotel - so all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends