Stayed here for a week at the end of May.
We really liked the hotel - it's very modern, bright and clean. Staff are all friendly and helpful.
The breakfast buffet is excellent - there is a wide selection of food available, fresh coffee made to order, and a juice bar where the staff will make fresh juices. Also, there was Prosecco available every day, which we thought was a great touch.
We stayed in a classic room, which was good in every respect, apart from the fact that the dominant view from our balcony was, essentially, a wall.
It's very handy that guests can hire bikes free of charge - it is glorious to cycle along the promenade to Viareggio - but the system is a bit chaotic. On two consecutive days, we tried to hire bikes but were told by the receptionist that there were none available - despite there being about 30 bikes outside. In theory, guests are supposed to hire the bikes for a few hours, or for a day (and you're made to sign something to confirm that you will return the bikes by a certain time) but in practice - so one of the receptionists told me - guests hold on to the keys to the bike locks for several days, which means that there aren't any bikes available for use by other guests.
We had a few enjoyable times on the rooftop bar during the week in the early evening - the cocktails were well-made and were served with a selection of very tasty snacks and appetisers.
The pool area is well-maintained, and supervised at all times.
We had a relaxing week, spending time by the pool, and on the beach. We also managed a couple of day-trips - Pisa and Florence are easy to get to, from Viareggio station (although you're looking at a cab fare to/from Viareggio station of around 20-25 Euros.)
All in all, we enjoyed our stay here a great deal and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive sea front resort, with 69 rooms, of which 42 are suites, is the ideal solution for anyone wanting to combine the comfort of a luxury hotel and the privilege of total independence offering 30 elegant apartments with a wide choice in size and type. Exclusive facilities at guests disposal are the restaurant accommodating up to 280 people, roof garden bar, indoor and outdoor areas for fitness and sport: 2 tennis courts, a 25 meter open-air swimming pool and solarium. The well equipped conference center with 7 meeting rooms accommodating up to 640 guests completes the structures that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your UNA Hotel Versilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Una Hotel Lido Di Camaiore
- UNA Hotel Versilia Lido Di Camaiore, Italy - Tuscany