I stayed for a 3 night stay in the middle of August in a triple room. It is more a 3-star for a beach venue, and yes, I've probably stayed in bigger 3* rooms, though for what we were after, this was more than sufficient, especially with the extras that you would pay for in other hotels, or not have at all!
Personally, I find this area the prettiest of the whole of the Lignano area, with the view of the boats, without the noise/hassle of the main street. It is pretty easy to get in/out of area. Friendly to the hotel staff, they are friendly back and helpful when required.
Short walk to the beach. Outside road was not a problem at night. Discount at the local restaurant (Restaurant Darsena - which was good this year, after visits in the 2 previous years where I thought it had dropped its quality).
- Breakfast really good - cereals, coffees, cakes, fruits, yoghurts, pastries, coffees, teas & juices
- Free Daily use on the beach of sunbeds/umbrella etc, in good location.
- Free wifi (with code from reception)
- Free use of bikes for a couple of hours each day (and cheap for more)
- Off road parking
Poor points - there were 2 safes, though did not work. Bed was not the most comfortable, though had worse in a 3*. Limited minibar in room (though easy enough to buy things from the local supermarket).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mare is situated in the heart of Lignano Sabbiadoro, in front of the old marina and close to the beach and to the pedestrian area. In this modern architecture, there are 18 nice and smart rooms all equipped with air conditioning, bar-refrigerator, phone, sat TV, balcony, safe, bathroom with shower and private parking. Also offered are beach service (sun umbrella and sun bed)and a beach office. The hall, the bar and the panoramic breakfast saloon, from which you can see the lagoon, complete the hotel comfort as well as the staff's high level of professionalism and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.