Agave Residence Lipari
Hotel Mea(Lipari)
  • Pool
All reviewsnearby hotelaeolian islandsportomicrowaveapartment
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed in this apartment and were surprisingly comfortable. Three of us stayed and there was more than enough room. It had a small kitchenette, large bathroom, and was very clean. Clean towels were supplied daily.
It is associated with a nearby hotel, where we had breakfast (it came with the room).

It was close to the port, restaurants and shopping.
We look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

how delightful to be enchanted by Lipari and the Aeolian Islands, the trip was highlighted by the smell of fresh brioche and coffee in the morning after viewing the most magestic sunrises each morning form the porto only moments away. Hotel facilites where excellent with spacious bathroom which included a bath and coffee making area as well as microwave/cooktop which would be a real plus for those with smaller children - my kids 9 and 12 & I where blown away by the high ceilings with frescoe art and the size of the room & balconies, storage for baggage was ample...only wish i could have stayed longer!!

Room Tip: Corner suite was large and sunny with private balconies although kids loved going up to roof terrace for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Leanna P
GlobRes_13808, Owner at Agave Residence Lipari, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for the review. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Of course, you are more than welcome to come and stay with us again. See you soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Of the 4 B&Bs and hotels we booked in Sicily, this was the least expensive and the best bargain. Although the apartments are a little hard to find, and perhaps a 15 minute walk from the ferry, the location is ideal -- in the middle of Lipari town, near the best restaurants and away from the mass of day tripping tourists. Lipari made an ideal base for exploring other islands.

The room was spacious, attractive, and comfortable, even with three of us and an extra bed. One of my favorite Sicily moments was lying in bed in the afternoon with the window open, listening to the sounds of local kids singing downstairs and a housewife across the alley cooking a giant pot of tomatoes. If your looking for real life on the islands, this is a great spot.

The breakfast was good, and the service friendly. It is a B&B and the proprietor runs a restaurant on the other side of the island. So you can't expect service around the clock. But for this nice of a place, at this price, we had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sunra7

Thank you for the review. We host to see you again at Agave.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

A small place with 6 rooms only, perfectly located near the central Marina Corta. The rooms are big and clean and there is a terrace with sea view. the owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandra_Traveling

Thank you for the review. We are extremely happy to hear that you were comfortable at Agave. Try to come soon and visit us. Of course you are more than welcome!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

In its website and the emails I'd exchanged with the Nuncia(the owner), it was stated that transportation between the port and the residence would be provided, both ways.
Nuncia met me when I arrived, but on the day before I left, I told her that I needed to be at the port by 6:45 am, Nuncia said that her car would be at the parcheggio, and she wouldn't be able to take me. She SHOULD HAVE provided alternative transportation for me. It was raining. I was very unhappy that she did not live up to her promise.
When I first arrived, I asked her for infomation regaring the ferry schedule, she said, "Go to the Tourist Information Office." In all my trips to Italy, she's the most unfriendly and unhelpful B&B owner I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank vteotl
open2012, Proprietario at Agave Residence Lipari, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, but Nunzia is no longer running Agave. From January 2012 Agave Residence has changed management and now the original proprietor is looking after the Residence. We would be happy to have you come back to visit so that we can look after you as you well deserve to be.