All reviews infinity pool stunning views steep hill on arrival sister hotel paper plates our honeymoon good size walk into town lipari town nice stay aeolian islands takes about minutes free shuttle spacious room taxi service busy road
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The hydrofoil takes 1.45 min to reach Lipari from Messina. The train station and the port are next to each other. You must know that in Milazzo the train station is far from the port and you should get the bus/taxi. It is possible to walk but it is not pleasant.
We called the receptionist and the car picked us up in 5 min. We had a superior double with a sea view and it was worth it: the veranda is even bigger then the room and is very private. Great place to have sunset dinner in the twilight when the lights of the port start coming to life. We were sunbathing in the morning on the veranda and going to the swimming pool later when the heat picked up. The swimming pool is like a oasis: peaceful and green. There is a table tennis to warm up before the pool! Great views as it is higher then the villa. This is a big plus as u cannot hear any noise from the pool in the rooms. We were very pleasantly surprised by the space and quite of the place. Easy walk from the port. Bring a book as most literature in the villa and in the charming bookshop on the main str are in French & German. You have fridge and a cooker on the balcony too. We enjoyed the breakfast on the veranda.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view if you are to make the most of the location. The superior rooms have cooking facilities and very large verandas. Could be a good idea to avoid the busiest months and opt for Set/Oct. instead. The weather was sunny during our stay at the end of September '11 and we managed to join the treks to Vulcano and Stromboli - the visibility was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ablena
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Lovely rooms with big decks and every comfort. Helpful staff and a great infinity pool - although 100 meters up hill from hotel. Good breakfast. About a 15 minute walk from town but quite manageable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The reason for the 'average' will become apparent towards the end of my review.

I stayed at Villa Enrica for 4 nights, whilst touring Sicily with my boyfriend. We had an enjoyable stay.

Breakfast is good and there is free wifi in the reception. The rooms are not attached the reception and the pool is up on the next 'level' up a hill. The pool and the views are the best parts of Villa Enrica, particularly the jacuzzi seats in the pool.

If you are not mobile and do not have a car/scooter for your stay in Lipari, I would suggest you find somewhere else. Also, have a think about the type of stay you want and the things you want to do. We went on 2 day trips, 1 to Vulcano which we did ourselves and then another to Panarea and Stromboli through reception, which was superb and very good value for money (35 euros pp).

We managed the walk back from the old town (where all the nice restaurants are) in about 15 minutes. It is safe and much cheaper journey, a taxi is 20 euro taxi ride for a 5 minute journey at night and 15 euros during the day. We found that it was a nice walk (go along the pier, not the route the taxi takes you) and it helped work off dinner.

The receptionist (Maria) that checked us in and we sought advice from was superb. She was always very friendly and helpful. Helped us with restaurant suggestions, the most important being Kasba bar (the food was delicious and service 5*). Maria's English is superb, but unfortunately, I found it difficult to communicate with the other receptionist.

The reason for the 'average' rating is largely due to the fact that when we were checking out we were informed that the maid had reported nail polish stains on the blanket/quilt and that management had made a decision to charge us 120 euros. Before I had even seen the alleged stain, they informed me that they would charge me for it before making any attempt to clean the stain. Luckily, Maria (as above) was the receptionist informing us of management's decision and she kindly suggested we inspected the 'stain' together. Once we had a look, it became apparent that the maid had seen a couple of small red specks and probably noticed that my red nail polish was on the sink as a reminder for me to paint my nails. To be quite honest, I had had no time to paint my nails so it wasn't my doing!

Clearly we had done something to offend the maid during our 4 day stay, but the long and short of it is that we didn't pay. However, the above experienced highlighted the hotel is not well-managed and seemingly want to exploit guests!

I would visit Lipari again, however, I would stay somewhere else not only because of the negative final experience, which left a sour taste in our mouth, but also there seems to be a great deal of choice in terms of accommodation!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Nice Hotel with lovely views. There is no restaurant in the hotel so you have to walk into town to get something to eat. Taxis are pricey and the hotel will provide a number but will not organise one for you. The room was nice but it was at the back of the hotel so the view of overgrown shrubbery was not what we expected. The staff are nice and it does have the nicest pool I've ever seen.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This is more like little apartments rather than a hotel complex as such. We travelled as 2 couples and the room was generous, master bedroom with a king, decent living area and kept clean and well maintained. Breakfasts were nice, not a huge selection but toast, pastries, juice on offer, pretty good for italy. View from hotel was great as you are up on a hill overlooking the town / harbour. The pool is a definate plus and looks exactly like the pictures.
Only downside is the location really, the hotel driveway is so steep and if you dont hire a car walking up and down can be a real pain. Overall good hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in quadruple room for 4, was excellent as we each had our own room seperated by bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple