“Great little surprise in the snow.....”
Review of La Pioda

La Pioda
Reserve with
La Pioda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Livigno
Price range: US$30 - US$66
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Typical Restaurant in Livigno. Extremely warm and welcoming. Local specialties, the Pizzoccheri Valtellina, game, mushrooms and meat cooked on a hot stone. The desserts: apple pancakes with warm vanilla and cinnamon ice cream, sorbet creamy Braulio and buckwheat cake with caramelized apples and elderberries.
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We visited for supper whilst on holiday in Livigno, with our 3 children. Well what a delight, the surroundings are comfy and clean, not pompous, the service was very friendly and attentive, our waiter was happy to organise and offer advise on the wine for us.

The food itself was superb, my youngest son is a little fussy, he ordered a fillet beef, but didn't want the sauce, they were very happy to accomodate his request, we all ordered, our food came at different times and was a little slow in places, however, its Italy & the food was lovely when it turned up!

Only complaint which I have to say was eventually rectified, I ordered a cheese borad for dessert, they actually brought me deep fried cheese balls, I quickly informed them of the mistake, about 30 mins later they brought me the cheese board which I very much enjoyed... the kids had various different chocolate desserts, the chocolate fountain went down very well..

All in all, a lovely evening, slightly more expensive than the surrounding restaurants, but for a ski resort, we left having had a lovely meal, great quality food & excellent service, well worth the extra few euros....
definitely worth a visit whilst in Livigno......

1  Thank BellaBellaEssex
There are newer reviews for La Pioda

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Great food quality, great wine, for me the best restaurant in Livingo (but I don't try all :-) ). Quite expensive, but food quality is really great, for sure try it at least one time. Needed reservations becausce of many guest, so remember. Service is not fast but very nice. Great muscate wine for dessert :-).

Reviewed 17 February 2013

It's a restaurant with a nice atmosphere, good food and great service. The 'meat on hot stone' was a hit among the children.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We ate at this restaurant couple of times and it's really good. The food is just fantastic, very good service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Superb food in friendly and professional surroundings! Close-to-gourmet dishes served in a very cozy location. What a surprise to find such an excellent place with great atmosphere in a skisport location.